1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naked

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by Emma Jean, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

I really don't understand what's going on with my tank! Not too long ago I lost almost all of them to a mite infestation while my sis had them. Now I went to go do another tare down on the tank and found Anya, one of the 2 the made it through the other ordeal, naked in the water dish. Two of my straws seemed to be sitting next to her and last time I saw that I for Tonka dead nut she is still alive. I got her into a plastic container and took her and her last shell down stairs and gave her a warm water bath, rinsed out her shell and she eventually did go back in. She is very weak and very upset with me right now which is not like her either. I can already smell the fishy scent but I am trying to hope for the best. What is going on with my tank? The humidity and temp are right now at 75/70, which I now should be a little higher but at least its holding steady right now unlike before with all the crazy weather changes. I haven't done any crazy new foods other then egg shell and other then that nothing has changed. I am freaking out, I have had hermits for over 4 years now and have never had anything like this happen where I have lost so many in a short amount of time. Are mites always black? Maybe they came back and I just don't see them but there is nothing moving on them and there is nothing in the food dish moving around either.

2. victoria

victoria "Preparing For First Molt"

I wish I could help but I only have one crab,and I have had her since Halloween.:D

I do not fond painted shells
    :mad:

I have victoria​

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

maybe some food was contaminated? It could also be viral--are you seeing any black on the crabs or anything odd when they die?

4. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

They begin to smell very quickly which I have never really experienced to this extent before. Not so sure about the blackness but I'll check. Anya looks better now that I gave her a warm bath and have had her separated from the rest for the day. I also did a complete tare down and steamed the entire thing so if anything is still alive in there I would be amazed. I also got ride of the choya after having to break one of the micros out since he crawled up through the bottom and got suck. This is just ridiculous lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.