1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my very first E!!!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by Bugaboo, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

This is my very first E=) I found him at petco!! He is soooo cute!!
    [img width=266 height=400]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb355/Bugabooroo/IMAG0339.jpg[/img]

2. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

Awwe! Congrats very cute!

3. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

OMG so cute! I have 2 coming from LiveHermitCrabs at some point. But because I ordered exotics as well, I've had to wait a month :scream:
    I think it's cool that they're the smallest of crabs but I read they have a lot of molting prolems

4. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

Yeah I've read that too, it worries me, and I'm keeping the E and the other teeny PP I got with him in a 10 gal iso for a while, I'm coming up on a deep clean of my 40B soon, so ill wait until its done to put them with the other 10 PPs. I want them to have plenty of time to destress and possibly molt, looks like they need it.

5. Klabelle

I think that's probably a good idea. I just deep cleaned my tank in prep for my new babies.
    I might just tack in their travel case to let them adjust when they arrive. I'm lookin to get a 55g to house my to-be 7 crabs.
    What kind of shell is he in? Have you named your E yet? Also when you find out his favorite foods lemme know :p

6. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

My deep clean is gonna take forever! Transfering 10 pps one by one as they're on the surface to a different tank. Gets expensive too. They're both in stupid painted shells. So I can't tell what type shell it is-.- the pp is dug down and the E hasn't changed shells yet, but he was up this morning when I checked on them. And so far I've given them bloodworms, some fruit and cuttlebone. Still waiting for them to pig out. I know nearly nothing about Es =/

7. Klabelle

I hate those damn painted shells D= They're so tacky!
    All 3 of my crabs were really quick to change shells. As soon as I put the shells in they all swapped.
    I've ordered 2 Es, 1 blueberry, and 1 strawberry so I'm hoping they teach me a lot.
    I've read and read and read to see what I could find about all of them but nobody has much to say lol.
    Deep cleans do get expensive. It takes me about 4 bags of the $5 sand bags at petco and 1 large bag of coconut fiber.
    My PPs like to nap on the sand for some reason and play on the fiber so my 30g tank is split in half.

I feel like I'm gonna have to find more shells like http://godzillahermitcrab.deviantart.com/gallery/31017103#/d3jvuym
    I don't think the ones I have will be big enough.

8. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

Well I hear Es are stubborn about shells. And yeah same here, no one else has much to say=/ Wow congrats=) aren't the exotics a lot of work and really fragile?? (That's why I'm scared of having any exotics) and I have to buy 2x the ecoearth cause I have to fill my 20L, 10g to keep them in until the deep clean is done, and fill my 40B -.- so much $ and work, but its worth it to see them happy!=)

9. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

I don't mean to hijack bugaboo's thread but I'm getting my crabbies from livehermitcrabs next week. I'm guessing you will too Katz :spunky:

10. liagiba

liagiba "First Molt In Progress"

so adorable! Congrats!!!
    Dear Santa:
    I want an E!

11. Klabelle

Yea, I hear the exotics are much more difficult to keep happy, but challenge accepted! :chuckle:
    I'm just so excited and can't wait!

Yuck that's a lot of ecoearth! Too much if you ask me D=

@CrabAddict: I hope you're right! It seems like I've been waiting forevvvvver!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.