1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My tat...

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by chermo, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

This is my tat, I have since added more plants around the soap dishes and Kermi just loves to climb up and hide in all the plants.

Attached Files:

2. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

Beautiful!:D Good job Chermo! I bet your little babies are soooo happy! I would be if I were a crab!:)

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Chermo it looks great!

4. chermo

Thanks I am happy with it. I did add a few more vines to the soap dishes and Kermi just loves to be on the top soap dish hiding in the plants.

5. chermo

I want to show my lighting too, it works great for heat and lights all in 1 in my 10 gallon..... I use a 60 watt day and a 75 watt night glo bulbs. I have the plexi glass lid with the holes drilled in to it too. You can see my whole set up in this picture. I hope this helps others with their heating/lighting problems. It works great for me.
    [​IMG]

6. List Of Demands

List Of Demands "First Molt In Progress"

in the first pic the two green shells in the dish at the top... are those your crabs? if so yours are about like mine, they ALWAYS pick out a green shell, then i have all of them in green and have to reallly look to tell who is who

7. chermo

Yes the bigger one is Kermi and the smaller one is Soupy and then Orangy is in a Orange shell now but she was too in a green shell. I could only tell by shell size on who was who.

8. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Very nice Chermo...really great looking. Mine prefer the brown turbo, although I prefer the green turbo myself. But then again, as we all know, the crabs could care less about what "we" like.:D

9. chermo

Ok so I did it again and really like it this way too. I am waiting to find out if I am getting a 20 gallon long this weekend or not but for now I wanted to give them and myself a different view....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. kittyosu

kittyosu "Never Molted"

I love all the green, makes it look so natural. Really great tank! Your crabs must love it. :)

11. chermo

Thank you, they love it very much, they are always hiding in the leaves. It is hard to decorate a 10 gallon so I am pleased with how it turned out. I liked it the other way too but I had a dream about this set up so since they were all up I decided to go ahead and do what my dream showed me to try. It worked out perfectly and they love it. I am trying to get a 20 gallon tank right now but I am waiting to see if a family member has an extra one otherwise I have a post on craigs list for a FREE 20 gallon long tank. I hope I get one soon as my plan I have for the bigger tank will work out great.

12. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Very nice! Is that a 10 gallon? I also find that you can do some really nice things with a 10 galllon. I have one of those little bridges between my two sides of my water dish. I have a glass divided dish.
    Plexi glass makes a great, inexpensive lid option! A person can drill more or less holes depending on their humidity situation.

13. chermo

Yes it is a 10 gallon. I have a plexi glass lid already. I have had that since the beginning.

14. chermo

Well it has been a while and I now have a 20L and love it. I got it about 1 month ago and am very happy with it. I wanted to show everyone the most up to date pictures of this tat.....

Center of the tank...
    [​IMG]

Right Side of the tank...
    [​IMG]

Left side of the tank...
    [​IMG]

Whole tank view...
    [​IMG]

I dont' think you can tell but in each corner of the tank there is a different level of sand. The front left has 4" of sand, the back left has 2" of sand, the center has 1" of sand, the right front has 2.5" of sand and the right back has 5" of sand. Then on the highest parts of sand is where the hiding huts are which the crabs seem to enjoy. You will also see that mopani wood is in a dish with those glass beads in it so it doesn't mold anymore. That dish works great, I would recommend one with those same beads in it if you are having problems with your woods molding.

So there it is, let me know what you all think......

15. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Wow! That tank is awesome!!!

16. chermo

Thank You, I was pretty happy with it. I am good at making small spaces look good. I had a 10 gallon before and was getting tons of compliments on how good it was for a 10 gallon. I did find something for climbing at Walmart I want so bad for $10 so I may be removing the doilie thing and putting that there so they can climb up it and get to the 2nd level.

17. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

I wish I could do something amazing like that with my 20L! My crabs are stinkers (even the PPs) and love to dig random ugly holes and knock things down and drag vines away from where they should be.

18. chermo

Mine dig ugly holes randomly but I just fix them each morning. I spread out all the sand and put things back where they go and I just do that each morning when I wake up. It is what they like to do and it to me is just like cleaning up after children. You have to clean their room too. Yippee, one more thing for me to clean the hermie tank. I am now starting to make my 4 year old clean her own room so it is getting better for me. Now if I can only get the crabs to clean up their tank each morning.

19. chinjessie

chinjessie Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi chermo, your tank looks great!! but unfortunately my tank is just too low, it's an iguana tank. Im not sure if I need a light bulb for my hermies since im living in malaysia and our weather is 26-30 degree whole year round. I was once thought of getting a UV bulb for the purpose of killing bacteria in the tank.
    Do i really need light bulb for them?

Attached Files:

20. chermo

Do you have a temp/humidity gauge in your tank? I am also wondering is your tank plastic? Plastic doesn't hold heat and humidity in well. I am not sure if you need a heat bulb or not because I don't know your tank conditions. You need to have the humidity at least 75% to 82% and then the temp has to be at least 72 degrees to maybe 82 degrees inside. If you are not sure about the temp and humidity you need a gauge first. Then if you tank is plastic you will need a glass one with a lid that won't let humidity escape. Read all the threads on this board and you will learn a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.