1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my poor crabbie

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by ashleigh, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

When I went away I got a new Jumbo but the pet the shop "Pet loves" yeah right [​IMG] they had him in a tank with DEAD CRABBIES and NO water or food. He was in a SMALL shell there wasn't any other shells for him to change into.The shell he was in was full of holes and was so small that it cut into him I couldn't just leave him there. So $20 later after I got him home it was touch and go but after a few weeks he changed in to the right size shell and has been doing find for the last 3 months [​IMG]

2. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

I'm glad your Jumbo's doing okay.I've never heard of Pet Loves,but it sounds like it deserves a name I'd rather not say...

3. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

It amazes me how ignorant some stores seem determined to remain about caring for hermit crabs. (And it amazes me how expensive crabs are in Australia, Ashleigh! You'd think that alone would make them pay more attention!) Anyhow, I'm glad you could give the poor guy a good home.

4. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

I can't get over how cheap crabs are in the USA I wish crabbies were cheaper over here then I could save even more.

5. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

hmm that sounds like a horrible store. I have to commen Petco though they have a very nice setup for their crabbies. They house their crabs in a big hex tank with plenty of vines and suction cup plants. they also have deep ecoearth bedding with both salt and fresh water dishes. the temp and humidity are also in the 70's. they only problem: they dont crush they pellet food they have in the tank. They carry straws but I couldnt get one the other night when I went in becuase I already have 10 crabs in a 20 gallon long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.