1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Petsmart story!

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by Mallie, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mallie

Mallie "Preparing For First Molt"

Today I went into my local petsmart and prepared for the worst.

I was quiet surprised. Thanks to a worker named Nicole, the crabbies looked healthy and had a wonderful home. Deep substrate, salt and fresh water. Crabbie huts and bark.

My ONLY complaint to her was all of the painted shells. TONS and TONS of painted shells.

She said when she just started to work there she demanded they change the hermit crab tanks. They let her put in guages, EcoEarth and big dishes with sponges, however they refused to allow her to use different shells.

She handled them very nicely and we chatted for a while.

I am thinking of writing a letter about the shells, but other then that, I am happy to report that my petsmart has the right idea.

Thanks to Nicole!

2. Klara Rose

Klara Rose Hi, I'm New Here!

Yes, i am just like Nicole, the petsmart that I work at is beginning to change the hermit crab setups and they are much better now.

3. Mallie

Mallie "Preparing For First Molt"

Good to hear!! =D

4. lisajulia

lisajulia Hi, I'm New Here!

Another who wants to chime in...our petsmart has a fairly decent set up as well. The employees really seem to care about the hermies well-being =)...it would be nice if the painted shells were gone though!

5. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

The Petsmart in our area had a fairly small tank with shallow substrate. The kid selling them didn't know too much...as a new crabber doing research, I knew more than he did. We lost one crab within days and returned the dead one under their gurantee policy. We haven't lost one since. We got a couple of active littel devils on that trip. My son just started picking up each one gently in his hand to see if they would pop right out or cower in their shell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.