1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my new (to me) 100G tank

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by HERMEZ, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I meant do you know where the person you got the tank from got the tank? lol

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

you can get a tank that size anywhere- most "fish" stores carry all sizes- I know she bought it from somewhere else. Unless you live where we live its pointless to tell you the stores around here. :)

If you have a pets plus near you they sell tanks of all sizes- or a monster pets - those I know off the top of my head

3. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

how much have they trashed it now? hahaha lol

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I have a 75 gallon now and my mom thinks that's way to big already. I wish I had the money to upgrade. I'm basically broke from my last one.;)

5. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I already think the 100G is small :)

6. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Ahem....I've been looking to upgrade to a 100 gallon
    (batting eyelashes) :D

7. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

That's amazing! Where do you put a tank that big? What if you have to move it?

8. Mckenny

If you have to move it, you throw a party and invite some very strong friends! :D

9. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I will not go bigger it is a monster to move (unless there is really burly men to help then maybe) and you put such a tank Laughs in the "crab room" where else? LOL

Besides McKenny where will I put that straw your giving me???

10. Mckenny

Well, if you're like me, I can always find room for "one more cookie"! :D
    Aaannnndd......I'm trying NOT to get too excited, but I'm going this afternoon to look at a 75 gallon for sale. I've been looking at the 90 or 100 gallons, but I don't really have the room to spare, and more importantly, the help to move it. So I'll see what this afternoon brings...

11. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

75 is good but still too much for me to handle alone.

12. spane116

spane116 (Micro Crab)

Awesome job!

13. Mckenny

Well, the tank fell through, it was a 55 gallon.
    I don't really have the room for two 55 gallon tanks for the hermies, plus my 55 gallon tropical fish tank, so I was hoping to find one big tank for the hermies. Sigh.....you're right though, even the 55 gallon is a little beastly to move by myself. The last time I had to move it a bit I kept thinking if this thing tips over-----my parrot is gonna learn a whole new vocabulary!!!

14. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

BWAHHHHH poor parrot- then you can be a bad version of that commercial

15. vckums

vckums Moderator

May I throw in a suggestion. Fish tanks are HEAVY and not as wide for my liking. Now if you want to get a bigger tank with more floor space and thats lighter then the fish tank, go for reptile tanks. I had a 120g reptile tank. Took 2 people to lift it and it wasn't ungodly heavy. It was FUN to decorate, all the things you can do height wise with it. Cleaning wasn't too bad, 2 hours tops.

16. Mckenny

Thanks Vicki...I just never thought about them. I'm off to re-surf Craigs list!:)

By the way, what is the difference?

17. cococrisp

Gosh I live on craig's list. If I wanted a bigger tank my dad would just go "I'm not lifting that tank. You raise the money and carry the tank in. You can bring in any other tanks as long as YOU carry them in" LOL. I feel like my 75 gallon is teeny around you guys. Also I don't get why people would downsize. I keep everything. I just cleaned out my locker today for the first time in 2 months and I found... 2 shooting ice cream cones, 1 bungee shooting arrow, 6 dollars (soon to belong to Vicki's store), 3 paperclips. a dozen peices of or more of random paper and schoolwork, 3 candy wrappers, what's left of my Valentines Day candy, a sweatshirt, a little bit of rope, I don't think you guys need to hear any more because that's less than half of it but anyway I'm a big junk collector and keep tons of junk and stuff and anything I get my hands on.

18. vckums

vckums Moderator

Reptile tanks have glass that is lighter and the floor space is wider. On my 120gallon reptile tank it was 4 feet long, 2 feet wide and 2 feet tall. I think there's a picture of it on here somewhere. They also come with mesh screens, which is a plus. The biggest different is they are way cheaper then a fish tank. I got the 120g used, but new in the store was $199. You wont find 120g fish tank for that price.

19. Mckenny

Thanks Vicki...I guess I had a case of the "lazy's" when I asked that question. I googled it and came up with the answer. I didn't realize there was a difference. Now if money were no object, (ONLY in my dreams), I would get an acrylic tank. The well made ones sound like they are great.

Reptile tanks back here in my area are not to be found (at least now when I want one). I have been looking for about two months for an affordable tank, and I went back and looked for reptile tanks, but all the one's that are advertised as such are fish tank size. I'd like to find one with a wider floor space, but the best I can do around here is 18 inches. I found one, but it was 8 feet long---nah...

I have made several long distance, and, unfruitful trips, but I'm off yet again to check one out (75 gallon)------we'll see.

20. cococrisp

I feel like I'm Always re surfing craigslist :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.