1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my new crabitat

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by jess2mellow1, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jess2mellow1

jess2mellow1 Hi, I'm New Here!

well I brought Cokkie and pearl home from the day care today. I had their new home all ready for them. There new tank is only a ten gallon I figure but, it is bigger then the last. I got them some new climbing items adn pearl loves them she has been climbing up and down for the last 2 hours now!! [​IMG] The guy, Cookie doesn't seem to like climb much since the loss of his legs and the pincher but loves the knew water dishes. And pearl is checking out her other shells that I proved for her agian. I put the salt water in them. I hope she changes soo. If she does do I take out her old shell?? Or leave it?? I don't want her to start streaking!

2. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

She'll most likely choose a shell on her own good time. Taking them out of their shell, even a bad shell can cause enough stress to kill the crab. Congrats on your new tank though, and I'm glad that they like it [​IMG]

3. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

Unless her old shell is cracked, broken, or otherwise unusable (painted, etc), there's no reason to remove it once she changes out of it. The more shells they have to choose from, the better, IMO.

Congrats on the new tank. [​IMG]

4. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

If a crab changes out of a painted or damaged shell, I leave it in the tank for a couple of days before removing it. By then they're pretty sure they're happy in the new shell, I think!

5. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

Oops! I'm sorry Jennifer, I read that wrong. Since its holey you might want to wait a few days like Moire says, and then take it out just in case your other crab is eyeing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.