1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new addictions, er, additions...

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by CrabbyChris22, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

yes, i left work today and decided to go get a couple. i haven't bought a crab in a long time. Steph made me get 2 Straws though, i'm nervous about that. we've only ever had one before and she died after 3 months or so, such a little sweetheart.

anyway, we got 2 Straws and 2 Es. the straws went upstairs cause that tank tends to be a bit warmer than the downstairs tank. it's on the ground floor so it's a little cooler down there; no basement, the house sits on a concrete slab. anyway, without further ado, here are the new additions.

Straws - we found some little ones. they had an enormous one there but i don't want a crab that big. one is yound enough that it has white on his legs (both Straws are boys). the young one is Scuttle and the really red one is Skittle (click to make them bigger)

Skittle:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Scuttle:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And the Es - they look like twins practically, pretty close to the same size, just one is a little greener than the other. I've decided to name them Tweedledee and Tweedledum; Dee & Dum for short.

TweedleDee:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

TweedleDum:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Straws and E's, my favorites!! Congrats Chrispy, they sure are lookers!!! :dance2:

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Woohoooo! COngrats..wheres thepics of the shoes?

4. CrabbyChris22

too funny Vic, i seriously just laughed out loud. i yelled in and told Steph and she laughed too.

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

I LOVE vans and converse!

6. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Awwwwww! They are sweet berries!!! Love the names!!! And the E's are adorable, too.....I can almost see their little horns!

7. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Bout time you got some crabs woman :pffftt: They are wonderful--CONGRATS :blower:

8. shmama

shmama Guest

:blowheart: OMG, my 2 favorite species too! Those are soooo cute! I would die to find straws that young & just to find ANY more E's. I've only had one E & I Loved him, but haven't seen him in about 3 months now :dontknow: I just keep watching for him to pop up. You got some Beauties there! :giverose:
    ~Diane (shmama)

9. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

Woot! You found yourself some real cuties!

Yeah... where is the pic of the shoes? :chuckle:

Still a Chaco fan here :shuffle: did you know?

10. CrabbyChris22

i totally forgot to tell you the best part about the crabs. we were both in the tank looking through the crabs (no Rugs or Indos at all dang it) and we've got a box we're putting them into. now the prices are $4 for smalls which is what the Es were considered (and GET this), $11 for the Straws which i didn't see at first and we put those 2 into the box first. so, i tell the guy we're done and he says something about Straws and i said how much for them? he says $10.99, and then he says, "1 Straw and 3 smalls". i told Vicki this last night. i'm honest to a fault nearly, USUALLY i would have piped right up and said, "no, that's 2 Straws" but i just thought that was a ridiculous price AND i also thought that hey, if you don't know your animals and species any better than that, well... TOUGH! Steph looks up at me, i look down at her and both of us wink at the other at the same time; it was really funny. i'm all thinking in my head, "yep, 1 Straw, 3 smalls :shuffle:", sort of whistling in my head.

yeah, i really don't do things like that too often because i have this raging paranoid streak in me that as soon as i walk out the door sirens, whistles and lights are all going to start up at a deafening and dizzying level and i'll find myself face down on the pavement in the parking lot with a 9mm at the back of my head from the cops. ok, that was a little bit of an exaggeration but you get my point. i'm always afraid i'm gonna get busted.

anyway, i just wanted to share that story; i found it amusing.

i'm really scared about the Straws though, their delicacy worries me.

and an update on the little guys. i saw one of the Es this morning, TweedleDee, but TweedleDum is MIA. as soon as i put him into the tank he acted like he was being burned or something and scrambled away at a freakishly quick speed and hid. i totally missed where he went to but i guess i'll see him later. Skittle and Scuttle immediately started shell shopping and within an hour Skittle had changed from her whale eye to a white whale eye (i think) that one of my Es used to wear. i STILL haven't had any of the crabs take any of the new whale eyes i bought.

i had 2 crabs upstairs try to attack the 2 Straws right after they went into the tank. one was an E who basically pounced on Scuttle within 2 minutes of him going into the tank. later a PP was messing w/ Skittle.

Joey, do you by any chance like Chaco's? :chuckle:

i'll make sure i get steph to take a pic of the shoes today.

11. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

:sheep: :Rulz: :blob8:

12. CrabbyChris22

what's that supposed to mean Spunky?

13. *steals the straws when Chrispy isn't looking*

Oh, they're gorgeous but I, um, have to run! Yeah, I gotta, check the stove! Yeah...

*dashes out*

14. CrabbyChris22

gurrrlllllllll, you better GET back here w/ my Straws.

15. vckums

vckums Moderator

Chrispy maybe you need to experience that pavement scene. I can have Scott fly out there :chuckle: Maybe then you won't feel so scared next time the employee is lacking the necessary brain skills.

16. CrabbyChris22

oh come on, are ya'll gonna dog me out for this? you mean to tell me that no one here ever is dishonest even slightly? ya'll tell the cashier every single time something rings up cheaper than the shelf advertised? like i said, i'm usually honest to a fault, ask Steph and Sky. i'm like the freaking sherif sometimes.

17. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

:sign10: it means you have to look over your shoulder cause you broke the rules and they are hot on your trail :pffftt: :chuckle: :pointandlaugh:

18. vckums

vckums Moderator

Heck no I don't tell them they messed up. It's their job to know prices etc. :shuffle:

19. CrabbyChris22

oh Herm, don't mess with my paranoia like that, that's just NOT nice.

exactly Vicki, and if you're working in a pet store then it's also their responsibility to know WHAT the heck they are selling as well as how much it costs, right?

ok, maybe i took your other post wrong. i didn't understand your comment about
    i thought you were gonna make scott put in on the pavement 'cause i did that. oh well, i was feeling really sick yesterday too. i left work around noon, got home near 1 PM, ate, had 2 beers and took a Nyquil and laid down. i fell asleep around 3 or 4 and slept pretty much all afternoon, evening and night. Steph woke me up at 8:30PM for something; i got up and set my alarm, had a smoke, took another Nyquil and got my clothes out for today and went back to sleep. today i just feel groggy from all that sleep. my body aches still but the sore throat is gone.

20. *Smiles innocently*

WHAT straws?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.