1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new 126 gallon!

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by jeckles, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeckles

jeckles Hi, I'm New Here!

2. ma8201

ma8201 "Never Molted"

WOW:eek:. From a 40G to a 126G, your crabs must have thought they died and gone her hermie heaven. I love your set up in the tank. They look like they are going to have lots of fun.

3. jeckles

thanks Jennifer :) yeah I think they are quite enjoying themselves! its still not complete, im waiting on my 3d background to arrive and a couple of other little things, its such a good feeling getting the poor little hermies from the pet shops & giving them some luxury ;)

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

its stunning but I have to say perhaps you are lacking in substrate!? Truly a work of art and well thought out though.........must be hard to keep clean??

5. jeckles

Thanks Hermez :) Its not finished!! As mentioned above, Im still waiting on a couple things, sand being one of them, but in saying that the sand is actually 4-5 inches deep at the moment, pictures can be deceiving! Hopefully my sand will arrive today.
    The other side there is coconut fibre (4 bricks worth) in the back 3/4 of the tank and rocks/gravel & shells in the front 1/4. So far the live plants are still in tact, but im sure that won't last :D
    Hermez your hermies are gorgeous!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  6. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

That's AMAZING!!!!! You must have put so much hard work into that beautiful tank! Your hermies must be totally ecstatic! If I was as small as a hermit crab, I would want to live in that tank! It's so awesome!

7. jeckles

aww thankyou :) You can try and fit in there if you want to, plenty of room, great food, great service lol

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

Awesome tank! You did a great job!

9. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Awesome I thought it would be like my upgrade to a 75 gallon but that bubble pond and every thing...:eek:. It is awesome. How many crabs do you have? They are in heaven. It would take me years to save up for that! Congratulations! Where did you get it?

10. jeckles

Thanks cococrisp :) I have 18 hermies currently, all different sizes. They are loving it! It did cost a bit to set up but in saying that, that is all I spend my money on. I never buy clothes, shoes & all that stuff for myself, all my spare money goes on my pets. I get more satisfaction buying nice things for my pets than spending it on myself.
    I got the terrarium and supplies from various places since I do work in the animal industry and the rock pool I got from one of my suppliers from work, I told him how wide and deep I wanted it and he made it for me for $15.00 ;) Then I simply added the rocks, shells, filter, heater & airstone.

11. cococrisp

I did not know anyone did spend all there money on clothes and shoes.:) I only have 6 hermies. Your ones must be having a blast!:)

12. jeckles

Well all the girls at my work are always spending their money on themselves.. shoes, handbags, clothes, going out with the girls, getting their nails done etc etc I don't buy any of those things, last time I bought a piece of clothing was about 10 months ago, and shoes about 2 years ago! My money goes on bills & mortgage and the leftover on my animals! Apparently women like to shop lol.. im not one of those women!

13. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

I am almost 12 and i have spent about 150 dollars on them i have not bought myself anything since august! but i enjoy seeing my hermies happy!

14. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Have you handed in a parental permission slip? You must be 13 to be on this forum

15. cococrisp

My feet grow like weeds so I have to buy shoes every year. My brother has to get them every couple of months because he just tears them up.:) never shop but get a lot of T shirts free in runs, Races etc.

16. spane116

spane116 (Micro Crab)

Nice job! I would love to get a 126 gal.

17. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

Oh my goodness, that is AMAZING. I can't wait till I get a job and can actually afford stuff like that. At the moment I'm living off an allowance of $3.50 a week, most of which is spent on frozen mice for my snakies. I spend all of my Christmas and birthday money on my hermies, but I'm not satisfied with my 55-gallon. I need to rake yards or something so I can do a 'tat like yours.

18. jeckles

thanks everyone for your kind comment, the hermies are enjoying their home and once it is finally complete I will post up some new pics and videos! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.