1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Humidifier

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by Matt, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Guest

Someone told me to post pics of this on here.
    I got this idea from the ever-so-wise bundy.
    All that it is is an airstone going into a bottle with another peice of tubing that goes above the waterline and into your tank. The water diffuses into the air, through Newtons 2nd law (every action has an opposite reaction) air gets pushed in throught the airstone, hydrated by the bubbling and out through the tube above the water and forced into your tank.

Click here for pics. You have to go backwards, Yahoo! Photos put them in the wrong order.

And please excuse IMG_022 I dont know what the camera was doing there, probably my fault.

2. jasso

jasso Guest

I did that with my 20L. The humidity got up to 85% in there and I had to take it out after a couple weeks.

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Great job! You made the DIY humidifier work great!!

4. Matt

Matt Guest

It does work great! If you're wondering why theres a C-clamp on the pump is theres something wrong with it and it makes this grinding noise if the two sides arent squeezed togehter, I need a new pump, yes but it shall come with a new tank.

My humidity went from 72 (which is being sprayed, and having a plexi lid every 2-3 days) to 81 without sprayage.

5. Matt

Matt Guest

I just took about 10-20 more pics, I need to weed out the weedy and post em up here.

6. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Awesome! I'm not that handy. I asked for (and got) a tropicaire for my birthday and didn't need to be creative that way....lol. I hardly ever have to plug it in, the only humidity problems I've had lately is it's too high.

7. Matt

Matt Guest

In the winter here, it is drier then a popcorn fart (I love saying that!) so I have to have mine on every minute of every single day!

8. cwaweeks

cwaweeks Guest

I have 2 of those for my 55g going 24/7 right now. They do work great!

9. Matt

Matt Guest

They are great. At first I didnt think it would work, but when my humidity shot up to 90 in about 2 hours, I took the lid off, let it get down to 60 (yes, I wanted it to go that low) then I put the lid back on and put the tube back in the hole, perfect, regulated at 79. Now I dont know what it is because "someone" pulled my hygrometer off of the side of the tank and dragged it into the water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.