1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My hermit just molted and. . .

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by greynova27, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greynova27

greynova27 Guest

I thought it was dead xD Until I picked it up.

But my question is this:

I moved him into an isolation chamber because the molt kind of came as a surprise.

And we moved some of his exo skeleton out of his shell, but half is still in front of it.

Will he die since we moved it?

BTW he did a surface molt which was surprisining, hence thinking he was dead.

2. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

He wont die just because you moved his exo, but he may stress out and that can spell trouble for crabs. Make sure you place his exo directly in front of his shell opening so he has easy acess to it (to eat it), cover him with a cocohut or half log, put in his iso water (both salt and fresh) and food, make sure the temp and humidity are good and above all refrain from picking him up again or checking on him. Goodluck!

3. greynova27

greynova27 Guest

Thanks!

So I should move the water under his plastic shelter? Eww I hate moving the shell xP

4. shmama

shmama Guest

:vinkko: You need to make sure he can get to both the sea water & the fresh water at all times. Can they fit in with him? He needs a bit of food as well, but it should be dry stuff only because he may not get to it immediately. He will live off the exo for a time. He needs that for essential nutrients. He also has to be allowed time to harden up so he doesn't get eaten by any other crab while in a vulnerable state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.