1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My hermit crab food shop (is this the right place?)

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by NotaMallard, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

My two friends and I have teamed up and created a completely new hermit crab food shop. It certainly isn't as good as Vicki's, but we do have some stuff she doesn't like a sushi kit, catfish fillets, and rabbit jerky. Prices range from $0.25 to $1.50, so you won't go broke buying from us or anything. Please support us and our business!

Carefree Crabs |

2. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Wow! I'll have to check it out! Sounds absolutely fabulous. I'll spread the word about it and over time you can expand and have a big store like Vicki's!

3. Hermie's rule

One problem is there's no food display of items on it. I click on storefront and nothing comes up.

4. Hermie's rule

Never mind. I've the setup figured out. Great store: except for one problem. You have peeps paying 50 cents for 3 pieces of shrimp. I'd put 10 pieces in a bag and sell it for a dollar or 1.50. My point is, you need to have more food in the bag, even if the customer pays more. If you look at the way Vicki's store is set up, she has steeper prices with more food in the bag. My hermies could easily eat that entire bag of shrimp at one sitting.

5. NotaMallard

Seriously? I'm just working this out as I go along, but my crabs couldn't even eat half of a shrimp in two days. I have 5, although only 4 have been up at one time. Sorry, I'll fix that.

EDIT: Okay, now there are 5 shrimp per bag at $0.50. Does that sound okay?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  6. vckums

vckums Moderator

Ooohh another place to spend money!!! I placed an order, can't wait to get the items!!! The apple sounds delish, I may snag a chunk for me lol

Hermies Rule it's hard to get started especially if you have to stick to a budget. When I first started the store I had maybe 10 items tops. Make some money, add a few more things, repeat. The shrimp look good, I bought some to try. They are a nice size in the picture. I got 9 crabs so I think 1 piece at a time and I can feed it 3 times then to them. Raw shrimp is expensive in the stores, and have to make sure there isnt salt added( some do).

7. NotaMallard

Yep, the shrimp was actually free because my dad gave me some. I actually check every possibly crab-safe food in the house for salt, so don't worry.

8. drk_paramour

drk_paramour "Never Molted"

lol just ordered my babies some new foods, do you know how long it'll take to ship? I guess it's shipped to my mum's house instead of mine (I entered mine in your checkout form, but I think paypal automatically put in my old primary address). Just need to know when to go by there

9. NotaMallard

I have no experience with this whole shipping thing, but it's first-class mail. That means it will be two to three days, and I'm shipping them out tomorrow. Expect it on Monday. Can you guys email any questions to CarefreeCrabs@gmail.com, so the other peoples don't have to read them? Sorry I didn't put the email on the site, I'm off to do that now. :)

10. Hermie's rule

When I get my next paycheck I'll order some. :)

11. NotaMallard

A few new things up, sorry that everything got sold out so quickly. There's this cool new Japanese pack with all sorts of interesting goodies.
    And also, due to unforseen circumstances, the items won't be shipped out till Monday so expect them on Thursday or Friday to be safe. I'm sorry, guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.