1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love4HermitCrabs

Love4HermitCrabs (Micro Crab)

I have 49 (EDIT: I have 50 now 10-22-04)Hermies, [​IMG] I have PP's, E's, Ruggies and Cavipes. I love them all so much. My Hubby's Crabitat is a 55 Gal. and it has a 50 Gal. attatched to it so it is now a 105 Gal, LOL We have 5 10 Gal.'s, 14 KK for molters. We have been through 57 molts in less then a year, ( That would explain the new gray hair, LOL) I want to Thank Steve and Jenny for this wonderful site, I will be here often.
    Sandra

2. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

I think i lost count of how many hermies i have, I think in the high 30ty's. I will have to do a count. [​IMG]

Cappa

3. oimsofunny

oimsofunny Hi, I'm New Here!

My daughters and I have only been into crabbing for 3 months now and have 15 hermies. We bought 4 one died on the way home so took it back the next day and got it replaced. Within 2 weeks, 3 more died. So we lost four out of 5. We drove to a PetSmart an hour away and bought 4 more. That put us at 5 PPs. We adopted 8 hermies on Sept 12, 1 PP, 4 Rugs, and 3 Es. Then on Sept. 25 I bought 2 more PPs as a rescue but I think at this time one of them is in the process of dying. Hope not but think is.

4. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

OIMSOFUNNY,

Why do you think one of your hermies is dying? Is he very lethargic?

CAPPA

5. oimsofunny

Well it has been two days and he is still alive. He is very lethargic.

I had bought this hermie from a pet store less then two weeks ago. He has been active enough at nite just to go to the food dishes. Last weekend he got to the point he would stay right up near the food and water dishes. Not go anywhere else in the tank. His coloring is real bright. No molt signs anywhere on him.

I have noticed a couple of hermies checking out this hermies shell. I would move them away from him, as he is a very tiny PP. His BP was only about 1/4 of an inch. On Wednesday, I was getting the bath water ready for them and I noticed one of the hermies was rolling the shell around. I went and seperated them. I took the little one out of the tank and just as I put him in the water, my youngest daughter told me he had a smell to him. I picked him up and he had a fish smell to him. When I picked him up two legs came out. I noticed his BP was gone also. That leaves him with one leg and his feeder claw. I just had to add some water to the paper towel over the KK he is in and so far he is still alive. So I hope he pulls thru it ok. Until he passes over the Rainbow Bridge or molts, I am gonna keep him in the KK away from the others. Poor lil guy.. :-(

I was going by the smell and him loosin limbs all of a sudden. Also figuring the other hermies have been attackin him. Guess that is what I get for thinking..hehe..

6. oimsofunny

Why is it that when I got to try to start a topic (or discussion) I get booted out of the website? I can reply to any message but when I go to start one. It closes my browser window. I was going to make some suggestions but not been able to :-(. Thanks for any assistance.

7. Love4HermitCrabs

Love4HermitCrabs (Micro Crab)

If you have only had him for less then 2 weeks you should let him destress and not play with them for at least 2 weeks to month. I know that it's hard not to play with them but they have been through a lot, so leaving them along for a while is the best thing you can do for them at first. Pet store conditions are hardly ever what Hermies need so there may be nothing that you can do for him if he was already to far gone when you bought him. My Prayers are with you and your Hermie. I'm sorry if I sound harsh I don't mean to.
    Sandra
    P.S. I don't know why you are having trouble but I will let Cappa and Regan know.

8. oimsofunny

I was not taking your comment as sounding harsh. Even tho he has been in the tank. The only time I took him out was to give him the bath and then when I put him in ISO. I usually do leave them alone for a couple of weeks after gettin them. One hermie that I got at the same time. He is very active and he throws a fit if I dont get him out when I get hte other hermies out to play. But this lil guy I always left in the tank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.