1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My hermies

Discussion in 'Discussions, Theories and Trial Ideas' started by Mercedes Stafford, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Mercedes Stafford

Mercedes Stafford Hi, I'm New Here!

I had 4 hermit crabs and now I'm down to two. I have one hermit crab who is bigger then my other hermit crabs but .I haven't ever had a problem with them till now .About a couple weeks ago I was checking my hermit crabs when I noticed that my smallest hermit carb wasn't moving and when I looked in on her she wasn't there. So I started investigating and found the biggest hermit crab had pulled her out and killed her and ate her. Then this morning I got up and I caught big boy and he had killed yet again and it was the other small hermit crab. Can some one explain why this is happening. I really like having hermit crabs but if I can't get this fixed then I'm going to give them away.

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

To be honest, sometime there are aggressive hermit crabs. Most of the time as long as you have lots of shells, food and water, not to mention places for them to hide and move they do not bother each other. When you sai "bigger", how much bigger do you mean? Half the size, double the size? What is your setup like?

Jason