1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Funny Valentine

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by pineapplemama, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

Our straw named Valentine (adopted on v-day) passed. He burrowed down almost as soon as we got him home, either destressing or molting - we'll never know. Would it be horribly wrong of me not to tell my 7yr old about Val's passing? He's been buried so long that I don't think Alex would notice he's gone? For now, I think I'm going to keep it to myself.

On a happier note:
    Our other two straws are doing well. Cue(as in cupid) who was adopted the same day, is fiesty. He picked a new shell within a week of arrival. He LOVES to climb...especially along the top of the tank. Red was buried for several weeks, but emerged and took Zook's old shell. Currently he's munching on a raisin.

2. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

Lancelot was my valentine's present too. I bet they're hanging out right now in the crabby version of heaven.

3. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

I'm sorry about Valentine. [​IMG]
    But Cupid and Red seem to be doing good,and I pray only for the best for them,and all your crabbies.

4. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Aw, I'm sorry about Valentine. [​IMG] I hate that so many crabs just don't make it.

5. CJ

CJ "First Molt In Progress"

Crystal,
    I'm so sorry about Valentine.[​IMG]
    I'm glad he found his way to you.

6. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

Thanks guys. I'm glad I didn't blab about Valentine...cuz my Dad called to tell me that Granny Starr (My Step-Mom's Mom) passed away.

Alex is having enough trouble with all this death stuff without totally surrounding him with it...plus I really don't like seeing him sad...okay so basically it comes down to I'm a big fat coward when it comes to seeing him cry...I'm a wuss I admit it! Anywho, I appreciate the support...

On a happier note, when I talked to Dad he said next time I come up he's going to teach me how to shoot...everybody thinks it's the Texans that are the gunslingers...but I'm telling you it's the Arkansans...Always be ready for a feud I guess??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.