1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first molt soon!

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by mechelle, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mechelle

mechelle Hi, I'm New Here!

My small crab, Nurple, switched shells yet again. I saw that he's got that bubble thingy on him so he's getting ready to molt. Guess I'll be on pins and needles. I swear I've been such a mother hen with these two critters.

2. ItsMeg

ItsMeg "First Molt, A Success"

Congrats :eek:

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

yes its natural after your like 200th molt is gets easier ;)

4. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

Good luck!!! The most important thing to remember is that sometimes it seems to take forever for a molter to resurface!! It's important to try to be patient and not go under the sand looking for them!!!

5. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

YES! Patience, patience, patience. It does get easier with time:eek:
    SOmetimes molting can change your crab's temprament too. A shy crab may become more outgoing or vice versa. I had one really social crab become very irritated with being handled. Every time I try to pick him up he starts moving both pinchers and he will use them! He's molting now, so I hope he comes up without the attitude.
    Do not be surprised if your crab changes colors as well. They can become darker of lighter in color. I had one PP come up with black shading and another PP is a pale shrimpy pink color. The one thingI like about PPs is their wide range of color variations. Anywhere from dark maroon to light pink....

6. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Yes! I know what you mean. I had this really shy crab go down for a molt and when he came back up he was the most outgoing crab I ever saw.:D Then my other really outgoing crab went down for a molt about the same time and when he came back up from the molt he was very shy.:rolleyes: I guess they're beyond puzzling out.:eek:

7. Markie

Markie "Never Molted"

Hehe. I know exactly how you feel. I just went through my first molt with Peewee. It was very nerve wrecking, took four weeks or so, but it was successful!

Good luck with your first molt! :]

8. mechelle

mechelle Hi, I'm New Here!

Woohoo! Nurple did great! Yo actually went down a week before Nurple,but is also quite bigger than Nurple so we're still waiting on her, I guess she's been down for about 5 weeks now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.