1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Molt is a Success!!!!

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by jeswwjd23, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeswwjd23

jeswwjd23 (Small Crab)

woohoo. it was a like 3 weeks before i've seen my first crab i got back in Dec. Hermie, he had a succesfull first molt with me!!! i new he was preparing for a molt cause he was growing a gell limb.

I was giving them fresh waters since i'm goin' away from home for 5 days. and all the sudden saw a very familiar shell, picked it up and a darker crab was in it. so i got the crab to come out farther and it was Hermie!!! a darker color with no missing legs, i was sooo happy! although i'm on vaca for 5 days so i'm hoping my crabs will be aright! afterall they've been in worse conditions, atleast i have someone misting the tank twice a day. and making sure the food doesn't get moldy.

so anyway, i will post picks of my new darker Hermie when i get back from vacation!!

2. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

Congrats!!!!! Im going through my 5th molt right now with one of my larger crabs and my crab DOB who lost a leg its been about a week maybe a week and a half and hes already started growing a gel limb. Huge congrats to you and hermie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.