1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Crabitat

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by HermitDude, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HermitDude

HermitDude "Never Molted"

Here are some pics of my crabitat. I hope to get them moved to my house tomorrow lol. I have the bedding one part Calci-Sand and 3 part Play sand i have Crushed Coral i was wondering if i could add a bit of that too?
    Thanks
    Caleb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HermitDude

and i am j/w i doubt u can tell but any ideas what kind of crab that is in the green shell in Pic 2 Thanks Caleb

3. HermitDude

Here are some pics of the crabs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

The crushed coral should be fine. [​IMG]
    Are you keeping your substrate moist? It needs to be at sand castle consistency to keep the humidity up and allow the crabs to burrow.
    Personally, I'd add some greenery to your crabitat. It makes it look more natural and makes the crabs feel more secure. I find plastic plants cheap at Petsmart. You can also get some at a craft store or Wal Mart. I'd put in more shells too. Hermies like variety. [​IMG] At least three empty shells of the right size per crab is a good rule to go by.
    It's hard to tell what the guy in the green shell is...I'm guessing a ruggie. Do the eyestalks look like pieces of candy corn? (starting small at the base than getting wider) If they are, than it's an E. If they are not like that, and have dark shadows underneath, than it's a rug.
    If all I did was confuse you right now, then take this species ID test. [​IMG]

Another thing I noticed is that you do not have humidity or temp gauges. You need to get some ASAP. You can get a cheap digital combo at Wal Mart.

I hope I helped! Cute hermies. [​IMG]

5. hermom

hermom "Never Molted"

I'm afraid I can't answer your question about the green-shelled hermie, but I immediately noticed the other fellow, as I have one identical size, shell (hanging slightly out of, in spite of new shell offerings)...and the meanest temperment you'd hope to never meet! Do you have an id on him, as I suspect my hermie may have similar origins?
    Btw - nice pics!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.