1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My crabitat

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by LSHermies, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LSHermies

LSHermies (Micro Crab)

:)I think it is done...but I am beginning to think that it is not possible...lol
    So here are the pics.
    1.right side
    2. left side
    3. front
    4. left up close
    5 right up close
    6 top w/net
    7 top under net (with out)

on left side is a second level that Vicky helped me with (thank you!) it has eco earth in it and extra shells
    on the right is a second level that is a shower caddy that I put a vine through the holes so it does not show, it has mos in it and extra shells and flower loves it up there...she is burried under.

no commercial foods...just foods from Vickie, crabage patch, fresh veggies and fruits and some I made.
    Fresh water is the bigger reptile dish, salt is the sponge reptile dish.
    UTH is on the back not under (thanks for the advice)
    Tank seems to be stable at 80% humidity and 70 temp...it has been cold and I can not seem to get the temp higher. But, it is at a constant temp and humidity.

That's about it.
    Oh and 8 PP hermit crabs :)
    Oh I guess I have to post top next

Attached Files:

2. LSHermies

LSHermies (Micro Crab)

top views of the tank
    oh if you click the picture you can see it bigger. I do not know why my pics post so small.

Attached Files:

3. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

You have some beautiful shells!

4. LSHermies

LSHermies (Micro Crab)

Thanks
    They are from a local shop by the beach. I could live in that shell shop. :) They have so many pretty shells. I went there last year and bought some shells for the daycare for my ocean unit. I had no idea I would be back for shells for crabs. The people that work there know about hermit crabs and were telling me stories about other people that have brought their jumbos in to visit.

5. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

Very nice! I never thought when I bought my tank to get a "tall" tank. I think when I purchase a new tank again I'm going to get a tall one, I like making levels and the crabs love it!

6. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

I've also found my local shell shop to be a great resource. Mine sells hermit crabs too, but painted shell hermies:eek:....they also sell the plastic critter keepers for them. I just try to ignore that and shop for what I need...I do have to stop and admire the hermies though....and grieve for them. Their open air tank is all gravel substrate with a few hidies and a climbing net.

7. vckums

vckums Moderator

That looks fantastic!!!! You're welcome about the caddy, glad you like it. It seems to fit perfectly in there and it blends.

Your crabs are so cute! Inthe very first pic, are those tiny crabs to the right of the tank?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.