1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Crab got the crap kicked out of it!

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by Spuggly, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spuggly

Spuggly Hi, I'm New Here!

Hey Guys,
    i picked up a new crab yesterday, and didn't notice till i got home that 2 of his legs are broken off halfway, and i think his little claw is broken too. My wife said i should bring him back but i figured he'd just die at the store anyways, and i can give him a fighting chance.
    when i first brought him home he spent ALOT of time in the salt water dish (which i dont think is a good sign right ?!?). But he's active and moving aroudn the tank (which is why he stood out at the store).
    so the question is should i be doing anything special for him? should he be seperated from the rest? (they havent picked on him that i've seen)

i'm still new to crabbing and any help would be great thanks :):confused::)

2. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

I have purchased some crabs that have partial or completely missing limbs. Your crab will be fine! When he molts, he should regenerate the missing digits. A crab who is hanging out at the salt water dish sounds like he is storing up salt water for a molt. Don't be surprised if he burys and stays gone for a while. It sounds like he had a rough time of it and needs some private time. I wouldn't handle him too much and give him plenty or space to hide.
    If he were naked and in the salt water, that would be bad.....Keep us posted!
    YOu do not need to ISO him unless he is being bullied by the other crabs.

3. Spuggly

Spuggly Hi, I'm New Here!

ok thanks for the info:) he seems fine i guess, when you first see him he looked pretty beat up and sad but he's alive. He's gonna be my project lol and maybe if he does molt he'll come up lookin good...haha. I'll keep you posted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.