1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mums

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by momof2hermi_bashfull, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momof2hermi_bashfull

momof2hermi_bashfull "First Molt In Progress"

Are they safe for Hermit crabs, would they eat them if they are? I won a huge mum at my son's school tonight from a raffle. They had a Halloween thing for the kids tonight.

Picked up 3 little pumpkins tonight also, 4 if you count the one my son painted on. Though I can still use the inside of the pumpkin for the crabs on that one.

Maple leaves are starting to fall, so I be able to use some of them, and send a bunch to Vickum's.

If mum's are indeed safe, anyone interested in a few stems or something. This plant is huge!! Waiting to find out the ok, on the mums, in the mean time its in the kitchen and may move outside to the porch. Its in a gallon, maybe 2 gallon pot, presently sitting on my stove (no the stove isn't hot, hasn't been used actually in almost a week) and this plant is so huge it takes the whole top of my stove!! So, if it is safe for the crabs have a bunch of it. LOL Nice plant for a 50 cent raffle ticket! I don't think I ever seen a mum this large b4.

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

It's on the inedible list. Bummer!

3. momof2hermi_bashfull

momof2hermi_bashfull "First Molt In Progress"

Oh well, better to be safe than sorry. The mum is outside and decorating the porch. Takes the full corner of it, but will enjoy it outdoors. Wouldn't mind it being inside, but I really don't have the room for a plant that big in here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.