1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving molting crabs

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by cococrisp, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Now that I have 75 gallon and 8 crabs I think the time has come when I should know how to move a molting hermit crab. There is no way 8 crabs are going to be up at the same time. I know some of you with bigger tanks do that. It it possible you could show me how? I don't need anything now I'm just thinking that I might need to know later.
    Thanks

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

how many are down do you know? You need an ISO or another tank. I use plastic bowls (like you would get a betta fish in) if they are gooey to create a cave like feel for them and then stick them in a tank. If you have one and its just not done eating exo but looks ok then I stick in an ISO alone with a hut and keep darker.
    You have to playit by ear. If they are hard but not done eating some exo you can probably stick them in the tank. I use a scraper to empty out my sand so that helps me scoop them without touching them too much.

3. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I don't have to do it now. I'll ask later when I do have to but now I sort of know howish. I have 2 ten gallon tanks with hoods and one with heating pad with me now. I have two others in storage that I can't get til summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.