1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving molters this weekend

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by clover, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clover

clover "Preparing For Second Molt"

:eek:i am scared because i have to move my 2 burried hermies this weeknd into my 16g that i am paying $70 FOR! RIDICULOUS! how do i move them?

2. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I would wait for a better deal! $70 is way too expensive for a 16 gallon. Look for some at garage sales or try to get discounts. Maybe ask for a discount for a damaged fish tank (leak or something) at a pet store. I thought you were getting a 29 or a 30 gallon?
    Sorry I'm not sure how to move them!

3. clover

uhhmm yah last week it said it was 29 but now it says 16. i need one now so i dontt kknow what i am going to do!

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

can you wait til they are done? Or you need these for the Guinea pigs? I am getting confused- can you wait to get the piggies?

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I agree with laughs and HERMEZ. I asked this exact same question about moving crabs in the section above. Wait on the piggies. I sent you a PM. You can get a 50 gallon at the pet store for less then that. The pigs can wait. One step at a time. Research those piggies too. They require much more care then stated at most pet stores. I'm not an expert but, just like crabs, they are mistreated too. Go to your local pet store. You can buy something even faster and cheaper there. Not to meation bigger. If they lied to you. Forget them. When you get there I would bet a lot that it's going to be a ten gallon. Are they off craigslist? Don't get it and don't move your crabs. You can wait. They can wait. They should not take too long because they are small from what I have collected. Slower and bigger is better then faster and smaller. I mean 16 gallons is almost no upgrade at all. It's just a hassel in my mind to get a tank that much bigger.

6. clover

no i am waiting on my piggies!

7. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hi Clover...will your parents let you get something from the classified ads in the paper? Sometimes they have some real bargains too. :)

8. clover

no only from the store

9. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

Clover,
    I saw in another thread that you are waiting to get the new tank. That's good, you should wait and see if you can find a better deal, that's way too expensive for that size tank.
    Also, when you do get your new tank, if you have molters down, you will just have to leave them until they come up. If that means you can't move the crabs over because you don't have enough heating items to keep both tanks warm, or enough equipment to keep both tanks going, then that's what will have to be. If you try to move your molters, chances are very high they would die.
    I was lucky and had enough equipment to keep my 10 gal. going when I got my 55 gallon, and had a crab down molting for 3 weeks after. I was so glad when he finally came up!
    So be patient! :)

And congratulations on getting your guinea pigs, I suppose now you'll have to join a guinea pig forum too! lol.

10. clover

oh my gosh i am sooooooooo excited i will have to pay my mom back like 50 dollars though! she is helping me! i am getting them on momday! my mom said dont tell your dad until we get her!

11. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I owed my mom about that much when I had to buy Fern's light and it kept breaking and cost $27 and I had to buy her all these heat lamps. Luckily I for her a giant tub for free off craigslist and so I don't have to build or buy her one.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.