1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moss in Crabitat

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by thehermitshack, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thehermitshack

thehermitshack "Never Molted"

Hi i was wondering if anybody had moss in their habitats. I was wondering if people have problems with insects when moss is used. Thanks.

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

I have sphagnum moss in my tanks and the crabs love to eat it and hide in it. There has been some mixed in with my EE in the 30g for almost 4 months with no mold (many pieces are buried) or bugs. A good way to prevent bugs with moss is to boil a pot of water and then let the moss soak in the water. Especially if you are unsure of it's source.

Live moss can be a great thing too if you purchase it from a reputable store that has no critters in it.

3. ihavecrabs

ihavecrabs Hi, I'm New Here!

I was wondering, My crab has been in the same shell for about 6 mo. and he is to big for the one that he is in. I have many shells for him to choose from but he will not get in any. I dont know what to do

4. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

There is not much you can do. Some crabs get very attached to their shells. I have one that can't even retract past his eyestalks and refuses to change for over a year. I guess if it doesn't matter to them, it's ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.