1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

money orders

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by scoobdoo, Dec 28, 2010.

1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

What do you do if you use a money order and it never reaches the place you sent it to? I have the copy of it. Did I just lose my $ in the mail?

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

You take it back to the place you got it. I had that happen one time few years ago.

3. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

k I sent a money order to the crab patch on the 13 of dec, I know they have been closed cause of Holidays but usually it doesn't take that long to get stuff from them & I tried to do this track thing on the web site but I just don't get it. I got the money order at the post office, I don't understand how will they know if the crab patch got it? example:last time a bank wanted to stop payment on a check cause it got lost in the mail it was going to cost 10$ more than what a check was worth. So How does it work with a money order? I will wait til after Jan 1 st to contact crab patch again and see if they got it. 15$ is a lot of $ to me!

4. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

This is why I have a paypal account.

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

There should be some numbers on the money order. That's how they can track it. Did you go to the post office and tell them or call them?
    I found this on the USPS site.
    http://www.usps.com/money/sendingmoney/moneyorders/

I'd contact them. It does say a lost one can be replaced.