1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mom & pop shop

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by scoobdoo, Jan 23, 2011.

1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

went there today to see if they might have got any turbo shells, and of course they didn't. The lady asked me just what kind of shells I was wanting and I was trying to tell her about turbos, she had no idea what I was talking about, but she remembers me coming in all the time and needing bigger shells. She tried to sell me the mag pie type that her crabs came in, I told her I had those and when I got the turbos types & they changed the crabs really like them and don't like to go back so I asked her if I could e mail her pictures. She said yes cause she was going to order shells Monday or Tuesday to make some wind chimes. I emailed her several pics of green jade, banded  & tapestry. so I hope she gets some this would really save me time and $ waiting about 2 wks on shells and over 7-10$ on shipping and using my friends pay pal.

2. marleyfish

marleyfish "First Molt In Progress"

i wish there was a place around here i could get shells and not have to use my girlfriends paypal and go through all the internet trouble.

3. scoobdoo

if you have a pet shop near you, you might ask if they can order shells like those you need & tell them that these are the type the crabs like. They might  order some. This place is 30 miles away. I got an e mail from the mom & pop shop she said she ordered some and various sizes, she said they were $ I don't know where she is ordering them from.  Well I hope she didn't order to many that were larger than 1 3/8 & 1 1/2 to 2 inches  round opening, cause I'm not buying all of them at once, I told her I needed some and I only had 3 crabs and I had only 1 that was a big boy.

4. alliswell777

alliswell777 Guest

scoob, you said that you need shells that are 1 3/8 and 1 1/2 to 2 inches round opening?? now, i do have a shell thats 1 1/4 and 1 3/4 oval...i was looking at the $10 bag at walmart just now, & thinking of the size that you needed. you said you were far from any store, huh? i got a good bag from michaels on clearance for less than $2. of course, a variety bag- not all worked. but if i could pick another one up that had bigger shells, maybe i could get a few for you & send em your way.

5. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

wow 1 1/2 in opening is pretty big. The largest one I have is 1 1/8 in. and it is big for my crabs that Ive had for 3yrs.

6. scoobdoo

The mom & pop shop had some jumbo crabs & I paid some $ for him about 18$ or around there for him, I have got the bags of shells before from wal mart, hobby lobby, went to pet shops and asked to see their shells and they are all so small I just laugh, they just look at me and say that not going to do it? I just tell them nope! I wil have to try and get  a picture of him  and something for scale, I mean by no means is his el huge o mungo soft ball but he is big enough that sure the heck can't fing a shell for his big crabby but!