1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Molts: 1 cutie ruggie and 2 Slowpoke PPs!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by starmaiden, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Isn't this a cute face?
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/akeverline/hermitcrabs07/PalauA.jpg[/img]

That's Palau after surfacing from his first molt! :partyhat4: Here's a few more of Palau:
    Palau Link
    Palau Link
    Palau Link

And Claw surfaced finally from his first molt with me! He's a medium, but he's been down since September 29! 4 months 2 weeks! :clock: At least he did a good job while he was done there!

Claw link
    Claw link

Sir Hillary, named after the person who climbed Mt. Everest because he climbed to the very top of the 7 foot tall display at Petco, was racing Claw to be the slowest molter. He went down on October 9th. However I do think this little guy had back to back molts while he was down since he is considerably larger than I remember him. He was a small when he went down and he is now a medium.

Sir Hillary link
    Sir Hillary link

Both Claw and Sir Hillary surfaced on the same night--Groundhog's day! I do think there's something symbolic about that, but I haven't figured out what it is yet! :pffftt:

Some more pictures of some of the other guys:

Redlinger link
    Tiny link

And my always helpful Zoo Director, Dax:
    Dax Link

2. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Palau is BEAUTIFUL!!! What awesome coloring! And speaking of coloring, Claw's is incredible!!! FOUR months??? I would have certainly written him off, that's for sure! I have never had a hermie take more than 2 months to molt. How large is he?

By the way, I think your "Zoo Director" is way too cute! :blowheart:

3. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Congrats on the successful molts Star!!! :blower:

Wow, Claw was under for a while! He looks magnificent! I hope I have good results with my med/large PP's when they go down.

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

wow 4 months! They are sure pretty!!

And your zoo director looks like he's saying "I said NO pictures!" lol

5. starmaiden

Thanks everyone! Claw is a medium. And Sir Hillary, who took 4 months, is (or was I should say) a small. My Jumbo molted faster than they did! :headscratch:

6. vckums

vckums Moderator

Were they new purchases? Maybe they destressed awhile before molting and thats why it seems long?? Im totally guessing here

7. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

***DROOLS*** MUST have Palau that is one super duper cutie! OMG I think I will faint if my larges take that long........wowsers....they are all beautiful Ann simply beautiful! :petals:

8. starmaiden

It's totally possible with Sir Hillary, who I had just bought a month prior, but not with Claw. Even though it was Claw's first molt, I had bought him 3 months earlier and he had already gone through a six week 'destressing period' underground, but didn't molt.

I do think Sir Hillary went through back to back molts while down. He gained a lot of growth, and I know its the same crab because all his size are accounted for and he was missing a leg tip when he went down that looks brand new on his new exo.

I think it's interesting that they both decided to surface on the same night after being down so long. It was a full moon, but other than that nothing unusual was happening. I wasn't even feeding anything especially stinky that could of attracted them! :tuna:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.