1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Molting..

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by ilovebeans, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovebeans

ilovebeans "Never Molted"

How do you know when they are going to molt??
    :confused::)

2. crabbiepants

crabbiepants (Micro Crab)

They start eating alot and drinking alot and start digging. I had my smallest pp go under for a week and he just came up today from a molt. He is so cute and lighter in color. But sometimes they don't give any signs they just go and do it when your aren't looking. That is what happened to me I brought him home and the first thing he did was change shells, eat, drink and soak his shell. Then I got up the next morning and he was gone. I was lucky he was in the iso tank because I iso them for a night before I put them in the main tank. I left him and he came up today I was so happy to see him ok and looking ten times better than he did when i got him. Good Luck Molting...:)

3. jeswwjd23

jeswwjd23 (Small Crab)

of the 6 successfull molts i've had, i have been able to tell of one molt. lol my very first crab, hermie was missing a limb. when they are getting ready to molt, where the missing limb is a gel form starts and it get's bigger as the days go on. so i was able to tell when he was going to go under, i was really suprised when he came up. i didn't even recognise him, cause i forgot that he was missing a limb and grew a new one during the molt. lol. the other molts, i keep an eye on who is under and keep track of when they go down so i can know if they are going for a molt. i pretty much leave them alone, and take an occastional sniff of the tank. lol to see if there is a fishy smell, if there isn't one, then no one has died. and that's a very good thing! lol

4. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

Mine seem to get less active, spend a lot of time in the water dishes, and spend a lot of time in the corners or hiding in the huts before they molt.

5. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

Mine start to dig,and eat alot. And are less active

6. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Mine are there one day and gone the next, with no obvious signs of being ready to molt.

Why do they do this? Because they're trying to drive me crazy !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.