1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Molting Nervous!

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by MissHaze, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissHaze

MissHaze "Never Molted"

Okay, so I woke up this morning and 'Steve' had gone under. No big, I wrote it in the little crabby note book I keep track of things in, like new food experiments, etc. Sometime after lunch I guess 'Taz' and 'BJ' decided it would be the cool thing to go under too.:cool: Now my crabitat looks like a ghost town, and I am nervous as all get out.:eek: Hope they are okay. How long should I wait before I panic?:confused: This is my first molt, and I wasn't expecting all three of them to do it. Guess I will wait on the new crabs though...lol. Wish me luck!:)

2. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

Sometimes they go just for kicks... Mine did that... made me wonder all the time..

If they are down for molt, then wait and wait and wait some more. Sniff once in a while. Otherwise, just wait. My little one, a bit bigger than dime size, was down for over 3 weeks... I did start to worry cause I didn't think a small crab needed so long, but just give it time. If you got them recently, they might all have needed to molt but haven't had the right conditions. Now that they do, they ALL want to. No worries! Just make sure you leave them be, keep food and water around, blah blah blah, and resist diggin :)

3. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Yeah if they are molting, it does take a really long time so you might not see them for a while. Don't panic until if ooyou smell a fishy smell or something/

4. MissHaze

MissHaze "Never Molted"

Okay so eight days and counting...I am so worried. No bad smells though. However funny story. My eight year old daughter fed the cat her soft food and evidently got it on her hands, and of course ended up smelling like fish (very strong), any how she was sitting in her chair at the table (next to crabbies) and my husband comes in and tells me that my crabitat smells like rotten fish. I panic and start to cry, go smell the tank only to realize the smell is not coming from them...? Then my oldest daughter says "Mom, it is Becca." *huge sigh of relief* I wanted to hit my husband upside the head though...lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.