1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

molting/moss

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by List Of Demands, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. List Of Demands

List Of Demands "First Molt In Progress"

I have a quick question. I've heard people say they're crabs have molted in the moss pitts, or that they could. I have three smalls that are all getting ready to molt, though they usually have about a week or two difference once they molt, one goes down, then about a week or so later, the next one will go down, then another week or so, the last one goes down and then they come back up in the same order within a few weeks or each other. They've all been staying in the moss pitt, which i've just added since the last time they molted. They all three stay in the same spot all huddled up together, if they all molt there, and the ones that aren't molting, but are just there with them, will the other two crab be a threat to the molter? or will they not molt with the others right next to them like that?

sorry, i kind of started rambling in that. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.