1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Molting help

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by thetruechina, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thetruechina

thetruechina (Small Crab)

Ok i was just looking under and it looked like super was completely out of his shell panicking i uncovered only find out he's molted i did put him in a dark place with his exo and made it where he couldnt be disturb by the others will he be ok his big claw was pink with alittle purple... I know your not suppose to dig them up but i couldnt see the shell i got worried. help

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

just leave him be now, with his shell by him if he was out of it with his waters, his exco if there is any left, you can put some calcium powder in there like cuttle bone, other high protien foods, keep it dark and the temp and humidy right, don't mist him.. give him a few days for him to harden up if he was done molting. if you put him back in the main tank and the others act agressive to him you may have to give him a warm bath to wash that molt smell off so he smells like the others, this is what i have to do everytime

3. thetruechina

thetruechina (Small Crab)

yahoo!!!!! super came up the other day and everything is great i think i have 3 down but im not sure have to do a deep clean here very soon though hopefully everyone will be up by that time:)

4. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

If you take care of your crabs and they are really healthy you would be suprised how much they can withstand after being established in the tank for a year or so. Almost all of us have dug up crabs I myself have dug up a few and they always seem to be fine when they do surface on their own.
    All of my crabs are in the premolt phase and making a total disaster of the tank everyday. They have not molted for over a year now so they are all due.I think that they will all be molting about the same time and will be down for a couple of months.Once they are down I am going to take everything out of the tank, clean everything and pack it away. I will leave food and water and a couple of small things in untill all of them surface. Then I will do a deep clean and be again ready for another 8mo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.