1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Molt??

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by Pamela_C, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

Sebastian had dug down at the begining of October after a shell change. He has just now resurfaced. He looks the same lol. I can't tell if he molted. But seeing that he was down in the same spot for a month, I'm assuming he did. Should I dig where he was to see if there is any exo left? I never took a pic in his new green turbo. so here he is. Now if Sandy would just change shells.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Hard to tell, he could have just been destressing.
    If he did molt he would have hairy legs and little black tips on all his legs. It kind of looks like pencil lead coming out of their legs lol. (THEY HURT!)
    Also if he had any damaged legs or missing legs they would probably be fixed if he molted.
    Try boiling the extra shells in salt water every couple of weeks, when I do that my crabs show interest in them again like they are brand new lol that may prompt a shell change from your other crab.

3. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

So crabs will destress in one spot without surfacing to eat and drink for a month? He was very active right before and now after. I had him for about three weeks before he dug down. Not sure what would have made him destress for a month.

4. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

well I had a crab that I THOUGHT was down for that long but recently I had a side job that was bringing me home at 1 or 2 AM where normally I am in DEEP dreamland by then...anyway I came home and my son forgot to turn the crabby light out so I went over and low and behold he was sitting on the food dish. The next morning he was back in his hole, and the whole week was the same, so, just because you THINK he hasn't come up does not mean he hasn't snuck up for a drink or bite to eat. I have succumbed to the idea that just when you THOUGHT you knew what was going on in your tank...they have a secret meeting and mess it all up!

5. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

he was all the way down at the bottom of the tank under the shell shop (netted soapdish thing that was sitting on top of the EE) no digging in the EE. I had smoothed it over to see if he surfaced several time...nothing. I did check on him twice at night...no light and he was in the exact same spot weeks apart with no sign of digging from the top. I guess I think its just wierd that he comes out durring the day for three weeks in and out of his coco hut. then he digs and I don't see him for a month. Then he's out walking around again right now in and out of his coco hut as active as before.

6. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I have a crab just like yours, Cloie - I see Rack about once a month or so when he graces the tank with his presence so I know he's okay. It's usually when we're not home and get home at like...9 or so at night and the apartment's been dark the whole time, and he gives me this look like "oh...it's you...right, I'll be going now" and hides again. Silly crabs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.