1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

I'm only asking so that Ihave no worries in the back of my head.
    I had never even heard of a strawberry crab until I came on this site, nor had I seen one. I think they're pretty neat.
    Here's my stupid question of the day: Can you mix them with other species of crabs??? I'm thinking of getting one and I just want to be sure.

2. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

You can mix the different types together and I haven't found too much of a problem with this other then individual crabs that are mean but that was individuals and not a certain species. The straws are beautiful crabs but they require more work then the other species do. If you are still new to having hermits I would wait a bit until you can be very sure of what you are doing. I thought I was after having them for four years but I'm still having some issues with mine. I would also try to make sure you have at least two of any one kind so they can have someone that "speaks their same language." I also try to get them each a friend of the same size incase the smaller ones are afraid of the big ones. Hope this helps.

3. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

Basically I want to play off of what Emma Jean said... make sure that you know all of the requirements for a straw and that you can meet those requirements in your current tank without negative effects to your other crabs (i.e. slightly higher humidity, submersible salt water pool, etc.). Also I've noticed that my two straws are best of friends and pal around together, so you should definitely consider getting two instead of just one.

4. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

Oh, I'm glad I asked. Is there an info page on this site about their specific care? Or can someone give me all the info maybe?
    Thanks in advance.

5. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

the temp and humitity need to be at 80/80 at all times

6. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

I just posted a nice site that was fairly informational about straws in a chat between Victoria and I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.