1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mix of Species

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Tinkerbell, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell "Never Molted"

I couldn't find anything on this so please forgive me if this is a duplicate post but, can one mix species of hermit crabs safely? For example, could I put a Ecuadorian Hermit Crab in with a Caribbean Hermit Crab (Purple Pincher)?

2. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Yes, you can. But don't try mixing Straws and any other species because the straws like it warmer and more humid than the other species so the other species would quickly pass in an environment like that while the straws are thriving. :(

3. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

Yep, E's and PP's can live together. I don't know about the other species like Indo's and Ruggies.

4. Stephen2342

Stephen2342 "Preparing For First Molt"

Where can you find Ecuadorian crabs?

5. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

Sometimes a Ma & Pa Pet store will have them. I know Petco & Petsmart only carries PP's and sometimes Straws - if they have them (My Petco stopped selling all reptiles).

If you call, they more than likely will not know what species they have. You have to go there and take a close look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.