1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mites???

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by hermie101, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermie101

hermie101 (Micro Crab)

hey everyone. sorry i hav'nt been on in a while. i have been super busy. i recently have caught 3 of my hermit crabs coming out of thier shells and now i am wondering if they have mites. humidity is fine so thats not the problem. i want to take my 55 gallon tank outside to scrub it down good but i can't because it's to heavy. so my question is will viniger kill mites? because if it does i can wipe my tank out with viniger instead of taking it ouside to clean.

2. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

I think that in order to get rid of mites completely, you do have to do a deep clean. Those little suckers can survive anything but a deep clean. Have you looked at the crabs closely? There's a sticky in the general care section that has pics so you can idenitfy. Check to see if you actually see mites. Keep us posted. :)

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Mites have been known to stay in the sealant so be extra careful- dont treat for mites unless your sure :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.