1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Micro Mini Teacup Pot Bellied Pig!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by cococrisp, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Yay!! I am soooo excited. Ya, here's me boucin off the walls. :hermez2: I am going to get a Micro Mini Teacup Pot Bellied Pig!!!! I found an add on craigslist and they said they had 3 black males and one pink female and they are saving the pink girl till the 14th when we'll pick her up!!!!!!!! And, they litter train (Lol, it would make my life easy if hermies and tortoises did that) and you can teach them tricks and bring them everywhere but we are taking a weekend vacation to pick her up but will be exploring the city but I don't think the motel would like it if I left her so I get to carry her all around town!!! :biglaugh: Now, she is just TEN WEEKS OLD! And, she is "About as wide as the end of a baseball bat". Oh, I am soooo bouncing off the walls now. Darn, it's only the 8th now but soon it will be the 14th! And I set up her bed in the kitchen because we don't have rugs there. She's not potty train yet. Hopefully potty training a pig is not as hard as dog. But, soon, she will have free run of the house and she'll sleep up on my bed.... Ya, you all think I'm crazy having a pig in the house but they are soooooo cute! Ok, this post was like all exclamation marks. But, they love raisins and veggie scraps too. Yep, the pics are coming. :spunky: So, tomorrow I'm going to go to the SPCA rummage shop because they sell all sorts of pet stuff and get her a harness ($30 new, $2 at the rummage) and a food dish and a water dish and they sell all these little handkerchiefs with velcro for small dogs (and pigs) and I'm going to get that $3 dog bed too. I can't wait! :dance: Sorry this is sort of long. Well, here are some more pics of me!

:spunky: :dance: :hermez2: :hermiefun2: :hello2: :kellie: :woohoo:

2. Crabby_Crazy

Crabby_Crazy "First Molt, A Success"

The magical world of ponies! (ok, not really. my h
    That is sooooo awosme!!!! I Cant wait to see the pics!!! :this:

3. MoribundMaverick

MoribundMaverick (Small Crab)

4. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Congratulations!! They are really too cute. :katertater:

5. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I WANT A POT BELLIED PIG SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. cococrisp

Here is a quote I got from a several pig sites "parenting a pot bellied pig is like parenting a 2 year old child. Lol, I'm just glad I'm home a lot because this little pig will require lots of attention. :) Ya, about the pig, just make sure you know how big it is. They are fully grown as in able to breed at six months but the only stop growing at 2 years old.... I don't know how my dog will feel. Poor girl, she was hit by a car last night. :( Just a bump but she's 11 . She showed up a neighbors 1/2 later. We brought her to the vet and she stayed over night. Now, she's limping around the house, mostly sleeping, and on meds every 10 hours. But, the pig will be confined to one room so we just have to keep her away if there's a conflict. You do have to clean their litter every day and I'll have to build a line for her. You know, from one tree to another like a zip line with a rope hanging down to attach to the pigs collar. I'm afraid pigs don't catch on to an electric fence as well as dogs. You have to reward, not punish. They are sooo smart though. It's sort of bad because when you feed them pills inside a little bit of meat they'll learn to eat around the pill! Also, they can learn to open fridges. Good thing we've got the freezer under the fridge. :)

7. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

Really? That's cool!

8. MoribundMaverick

MoribundMaverick (Small Crab)

Yea when I was in hs I had a friend that's dad had trained their pig to get him beers from the fridge. LOL.

9. cococrisp

One person put a chew toy on the handle of the fridge and trained their dog to get them sodas and bring them to him while he was lounging on the couch! Another person trained their cow to obey forty different commands!

10. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

Wow.

11. imported_Eric

imported_Eric (Small Crab)

I've always wanted one! Yes please, supply pictures :D

12. Spiral

Spiral (Micro Crab)

Name her "Pork Chops" :biglaugh:

13. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I know someone who has two pot-bellied pigs that he has named "Ham" and "Bacon." Ham is HUGE. Seriously, I am boggled by her size...tons of fat. Hope yours doesn't get that big or lazy!

14. cococrisp

Now, a lot of the time they are bred with farm pigs. People advertise "Pot bellied pigs" that are only 1/4 pot bellied and 3/4 farm pig. Ok. I'll go get you the pics that came on the add. When she comes I'll take some more. :)

15. cococrisp

16. Spiral

Spiral (Micro Crab)

Looks Delici-... cute. :drooltongue:

17. imported_Sterwick

imported_Sterwick "Preparing For Second Molt"

'Name her "Pork Chops'

'Looks Delici-... cute.'

Spiral you are EVIL. Pigs are very clever- about as intelligent as dogs. They deserve more than your cheap jokes!

:shhhh: :bat: :no: :crybaby2: :pinch:

Stevo.

18. imported_Sterwick

imported_Sterwick "Preparing For Second Molt"

awww those pigs are cute!!

:wub: :airkiss: :flower: :kissflowers:

19. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

See, I don't necessarily think it's a problem if someone wants to joke about where meat comes from. A lot of Americans are way out of touch with that. I've actually seen someone say that someone else shouldn't prepare their own meat (i.e. slaughter the animal and prepare it for eating in the future), but should instead buy their meat from the grocery store where no animals would be harmed. Seriously? The meat at stores comes from animals too...

Having had to prepare a chicken for eating (not a pleasant experience in the least, since it was outside and I had to fight fire ants away), I have much more respect for butchers. :) I also no longer enjoy eating chicken that has bones in it still. Give me my boneless/skinless chicken breasts please!

Funny story - a Japanese exchange student at my school (stayed with my best friend for a semester) one time asked my friend, who was showing him pictures of her old pony she had as a kid, if she ate the pony. Apparently in Japan, you eat your pets when they're not play-able anymore. He was shocked that she hadn't eaten him, like in total shock. The concept of not having eaten the pony boggled his mind. Moral of the story - in some cultures (or for some people) it's more strange for you to not eat your pets than for you to eat your pets, and it's not right to judge them for their upbringing. I think pigs are cute, but I enjoy eating ham and bacon. I hate chickens (living next to a chicken farm will do that to you) but I like eating htem. I think shrimp and crabs (obviously) are pretty cute (crabs more than shrimp, because shrimp legs and antennae are way too long for my taste), but I eat them. Heck, I own crabs (obviously) but that doesn't stop me from eating crab legs or crab meat at seafood restaurants (it's really yummy!).

Oh, and one other thing - the guy who owns Ham and Bacon runs a private zoo on his farm, and one day apparently his baby tiger Sophia got into Ham and Bacon's enclosure, trying to play with them (Sophia still doesn't realize she's a tiger...she's a year and a half right now and LOVES playing and riding on the golf cart) and apparently Ham can still run pretty darn fast...who can blame her, having a baby tiger chasing her?

20. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

Funny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.