1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meredith molted

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by msmarvell, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msmarvell

msmarvell (Micro Crab)

One of my crabs had dug himself under and last night I noticed he came up and seemed more active than normal. Well sure enough when I was feeding the crabs this morning, Meredith had molted on the surface. *sighs* He is in a 10 gallon tank with a few other crabs so I placed a cut off top of a soda bottle over him. My question is where do I put water and how will he get to it. In my experiences the crabs do not move at all after a molt for a few weeks.

*keeps her fingers crossed*

2. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Just leave the water alone. Your crab won't want it until after he eat's his exo. When you notice he's getting active then you should remove the bottle. And by the way, push the soda bottle down all the way to the bottom of the tank so that other crabs can't dig hi up and eat him.

3. msmarvell

msmarvell (Micro Crab)

Well it was a success!! Yay! Two days ago I noticed some action underneath the soda bottle. Sure enough it was Meredith she was ready to play. She seems to be doing well and has started to become more active exploring anything she can.

I am surprised the molt only took about 2 weeks to recovery.

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

Congrats! I'm glad it was perfect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.