1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member count & chatroom question

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Crabzmom, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabzmom

Crabzmom Hi, I'm New Here!

Does anyone know our member count as of today, and does anyone ever use the chatroom? I've been to chatroom site and no one is ever there. Just wondering.

2. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

Crabzmom,

The member count is at 44. Please click members to see active members as of now and there profiles. You can also refer to the member count at the bottom of the forum page. I just put us in some more search engines and am in the process of purchasing very valuable domains via transfers to be used as shortcuts to "our" site. We have the money to fund the site if you have the time. All we need is people to keep joining. For 5 days running, 44 members is very well. Keep this up we will be HUGE in a few months. Please come back. We are going to remember the people who were with us from the start, tell your friends.

Inside Secret: We are in the process of making the auctions for everyone to utilize! It is such a CHORE! The more members we get the more often people will be in the chat room, give it some time, it's all gong to work out. Whelp have to get back to some advertising of our forum. I say our forum cause we do not want it to be just mine and jenny's but every member here has a say, Hence the suggestions box. As we grow and have more then Me, Sandra, Rewism & Jenny can handle in the upcoming months we will be looking for moderators, generally people who have been with us from the start like all of you.

Best Regards,
    HermitCrabsRus Staff

Please:

Post us around on other Hermit Crab sites/forums what ever you can find, HELP US GROW! We really hope everyone enjoys the forums here at HCRU as we spent a bunch of time and money building them and will continue to do so for the love of Hermit Crabs & HermitCrabbers LIKE US. We only plan to improve week by week. Good thing for that very well paying job, HCRU rocks~! [​IMG] I hereby swear to do whatever it takes to make us one of the best Hermit Crab Forums on the Internet. Suggestions anyone?

www.HermitCrabbers.com

www.HermitCrabForum.com

www.HermitCrabsRus.com

Thanks for the donations & to all the new members whom joined us thus far, we are so happy to have you with us.

All of us make HermitCrabsRus!

3. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG]I have been to the chat room just to check it out and see if anyone maybe in and i like it alot, it even has my avatar toboot..LOL!! [​IMG] One thing though even if we have alot of members dont always mean they will be contributing to the site. It would be nice if everyone pitched in and got some good topics going to help get us started out better, im a comp dummy and am trying to figure out how to post pics in a thread or on a reply? [​IMG] [​IMG] Cappa as soon as i get some funds from one of my boas having babies in few months i promise to send ya some funds as a donation to help keep the site going, right now we are totaly tapped out due to Cassies medical bills.. [​IMG] I think this site is super awsome and yup it always takes time to get things going but it will grow fast.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Eric

Cuda glad you like the chat. Next time we are on together we can go in together and chat, LOL. As for a donation it is a kind gesture but not a big issue at all, trust me. We have money for the site & will never shut it down. We actually only added the Donation part cause a lot of sites had it and it looked good, LOL. Like I said very nice gesture but please do not ever send us any of CUDA funds, keep it for your daughters expenses. We would have to send it back. Gosh, I am so sorry about your daughters condition. The absolute " best" way to help us now is to keep coming back and as 'you said ' get some good topics started, tell your friends. If you ever need any help with anything on the site like how do I do this question just post and ask or send a PM. See you around CUDA.

Best Regards,
    Cappa

5. oimsofunny

oimsofunny Hi, I'm New Here!

I know I am new here but could possibly a day and time of each week be posted about a meeting in the chat and then whoever is on can meet then?? This is a great site...

6. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

Whether new or not, all suggestions will be taken whole heartedly. I will discuss this suggestion with Cappa, meanwhile I will try to figure out why you are unable to start a new discussion. Please PM me with any information you can provide..broswer, any error message ect. Thanks!

Jenny

7. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG]Awwwwwwwwwwww thanks tons Cappa, you and Jenny and Sandra, Gertie and everyone one else are sooooo sweet, what would i do without my hermie family and friends. I would be lost without all of you.. [​IMG]

8. Eric

oiamsofunny,
    I will look into it. As for now maybe you can make a post in general discussion for a meeting in the chat room at a certain date and time you think is good for everyone. We want to keep the chat open 24/7 for everyone to utilize whenever they feel up for a good hermie chat oj the choya log. I KNOW as this community GROWS you will be able to go into the chat room at anytime and find other HCRU members to chat with. Give us some time until then please post us on other forums/sites to spread the word. Get us a higher member count then we can take it from there. We are going to remember all the people who were with us from the start & did there part to help advertise. Advertising is the key right now!

Best Regards,
    Cappa

9. Crabzmom

Crabzmom Hi, I'm New Here!

Cappa and other administrators,
    Maybe you can design a "Join HCRU" info sheet that we can simply print out and pass on. I know of 4-5 kiosks within 30 minutes of my house and would gladly print a stack for them to hand out. They are desperate for information to give to people who think the crabs are toys. That way we can inform them of the care and responsibility and recruit new members at the same time. The reason I suggest you guys design it is because you are the owners and the experts! Just a thought. Anyone?

10. Eric

Crabzmom, that is an excellent idea. You are my kind of people thinking like that. LOL. I will get to work on it and post it as a sticky in General & PM you with it when I am done. I would also include the Hermit Crab FAQ sheet built into our site on the HCRU join Sheet. This will help a lot of crabs and there owners and at the same time get us new members we can teach and learn from. Just a great idea. If you have any suggestions or want to help design it go right ahead. I would not mind. We are all a team here at HCRU. Anyone else want to get on the action, just say so, HERE!

Cappa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.