1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meijer

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by rodent111, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

i went to meijers today and went to the back of the store to check on the crabs and i almost cryed.they had no water, the water sponge wasn't damp, there tank had only rocks in it, and there food, which i THINK were crab cakes were all mushy looking and there were like 10 flys sitting on the food. i told one of the employes that the crabs need some water, but he simply said "it's not my job". i wanted to buy one, or two, but my mom said i couldn't have anymore cause for some reason my crabs were dieing. i dont know what to do.

2. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

I've heard other reports on another forum about the poor conditions hermit crabs are kept in at Meijers in Michigan. I know that the member at the other forum has been both complaining and writing letters, and a few things have been changed, but conditions are still quite bad. I reccomend that you also write a letter to Meijers headquarters - it might be more effective than talking to employees in the store.

Here's a link to the contact info posted on their site:
    http://www.meijer.com/contact.html

3. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

Pet store employees can be so stubborn...
    I agree with moire_eel;it'd probably be better to write a letter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.