1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meet Sonny & Cher(ie)

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by HERMEZ, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

2 new straws finally came in--did not want larges but that is all they had--these are the smallest that came in..........anyway Cherie had 2 buggies so there life in ISO will be a long one as these are brownish/red and will be impossible to see on their exo.....I did have them in the bright sun and I saw nothing in their joints etc etc.

Meet Cherie

[img width=300 height=241]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/vicfish/newstraws021.jpg[/img]

[img width=300 height=300]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/vicfish/newstraws028.jpg[/img]

Sonny
    [img width=300 height=295]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/vicfish/newstraws030.jpg[/img]
    [img width=300 height=206]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/vicfish/newstraws008.jpg[/img]

and the darn bug if anyone can confirm mite let me know- I only counted 6 legs but I am blind and I swear the one flew or jumped off my finger when I was looking at it.
    [​IMG]

2. crabcrazy

crabcrazy Guest

Well I have no idea what kind of mite it is but super cute crabbies. :teddy01:

3. kathleen

kathleen Guest

Nice looking crabs. Sorry I wont be any help with the bug.

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Thank you - they are very stressed--2morrow is bath #2 :thumbdown:

5. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

I know nothing about straws, but those have to be the brightest most beautiful pair I have seen! What amazing color!

Good luck on the bug riddin'! How did you get a pic of that bug.... isn't it really tiny?

6. Ms Lala

Ms Lala Guest

Those guys are just too incredably cute :elephant:.
    I can't belive the color on them. Straws are so pretty. I want one, or more :rubhands:.
    Are they harder to care for? And what's their personality like?

7. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Thank you - my 2 straws lost color during their molt- I am anxious to see how these will be since they are large and the others are small.........they are not harder to take care of but they do need consistant temps/humidity........and definately are salt water aholics. I am anxious to see how these 2 will fair since they are under alot of stress. As far as personality they are active all day and night which I love---they are climbers so I make sure they can romp!! They are shy and not aggressive from what I have seen. I have had my other 2 since Feb :cowboy_grin:

8. kathleen

kathleen Guest

I only have 2 straws now. They are very active, day and night. They are big tank trashers too. The ones in the pictures are really pretty.

9. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

:thumbdown: sigh Sonny dropped a leg today--its too much stress for them- I knew it was. I wish I could put them in the main tat :shuffle:

10. kathleen

kathleen Guest

Oh no. I am sorry to hear that. I hope they will both be OK.

11. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Herm-EZ, is the stress from the baths for the bugs? That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.

I found another dead PP tonight, this one in the upstairs tank. Captain, the blind one, died last Friday and that was the downstairs tank. He was a PP too. I don't know what's going on with that...

12. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

sorry Chrispy to hear that..........was that a long time crab? Yeah the baths stress them - plus they are cramped in a 10G I had trouble getting the temps up--I had to pull out the portable heater last night and I am sweating typing this. I swear when I move I gotta get a climate controlled room for these guys. I am almost afraid to change they water they are so scared but I let it slide yesterday I cant do that today :(

13. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Sonny is gone--he was not dead but he was totally unresponsive--I took him back. Cherie will go in the main tat the end of the week, I am not stressing her anymore :thumbdown:

14. Ms Lala

Ms Lala Guest

Poor Sonny :tear:. I'm so sorry for you. Well, he's gone to crabby heaven. :hug2:
    and a :hug2: for Chrispy too.

15. kathleen

kathleen Guest

Oh no. I am sorry to hear about Sonny, and Crispy's crabs. I think I hate the mystery deaths most of all. Not knowing what went wrong.....

16. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I am moving Cherie Friday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.