1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

med. molter

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by List Of Demands, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. List Of Demands

List Of Demands "First Molt In Progress"

whats the average time it usually takes for a med. sized crab to molt? mines been down almost a month now. i've only had smalls before this and it usually takes them no longer than 6 weeks so i'm just wondering how much longer i'll be waiting for him cause i'd like to move them back to their big tank.

2. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

I had to handly that situation once. I was in the process of moving four large PP's into a 30g tank. I managed to get three of them right in the new tank. The fourth, Bull Dog, was hunkered down and there was no sign of him. I waited another month and lo and behold, one day he came up with his his legs ending in little sharp points. My suggestion would be to wait it out. Put your surfaced crabs in the new digs to keep them from going under in the old tank while waiting for the other crab to surface. When he comes up, won't he get a wonderful surprize. I hope this suggestion helps. It's very hard to play the waiting game but it's well worth it in the end. Larger crabs take longer to molt. Just be patient. Good luck and keep us updated.

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

every crab is ddifferent- I had a wee crab take 6 weeks- sometimes they chill before they actually molt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.