1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meal vs. Cakes

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by LdyPebSaby, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LdyPebSaby

LdyPebSaby Hi, I'm New Here!

Hey I have Tetratauna Hermit Crab Meal and the Hermit crab cakes but I still can't tell what's better... Also, when I first got my hermies I tried to introduce Cherrios then two of my hermies died... I just got them and I've been some what, apprensive to introducing other new foods... ^_^ Any help with greatly appreatiated!!!

2. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

i have cakes and meal and i just put some of each of um in 2 seperate shells,and give um both to my crabs

3. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

Many commercial foods are not good to feed to your crabs. They need food without preservatives, and containing high quality ingredients.

Crabs especially need a wide and varied diet. They are designed to want to eat new foods at every meal, and prefer novelty to repetition.

If you feed commercial diet, that's fine, but choose a high-quality one (like Epicurean Hermit Crab Cuisine, sold at the HCRU store), or regular Crab Island. And crabs absolutely need fresh foods like fruit and fish. I have a long list of foods you can feed your crabs, and articles on how and why they eat and what they need for good nutrition in the FAQ at:

http://www.epicureanhermit.com

Your crabs will be much healthier for much longer if they get a varied fresh diet, than if you depend on just stuff that comes out of a jar.

4. LdyPebSaby

LdyPebSaby Hi, I'm New Here!

WOW Thanks... ^_^ Anyone else wanna add in their two cents??

5. gweebles

gweebles "Preparing For First Molt"

I do use FMR hermit food because my guys love it. I also use dried fruit, I dehydrate them myself. I use organic baby foods, only the meat, fruit, and veggies, I don't use any pasta ones. Mango, apples, and an occasional bit of fresh fish or shrimp, but you gotta watch that for smell if it stays there too long. My guys love rolled oats with organic peanut butter and honey mashed up into a crumbly pile. They will literally fight over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.