1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me and the story of my crabs

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Dragoncrab9, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragoncrab9

Dragoncrab9 Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi I'm new and I have:

5 purple pincher hermit crabs in a 5 gallon critter cage and their names are

Hermet
    The Claw
    Zoom
    Odd Della Robbia (from code lyoko)
    Midget

Hi I've had my crabs for almost an year yay :spunky: when I first got my crab Hermet at an event that my town does I fell in love with her, but i didn't have a place to put her i had a plastic Easter basket, but i didn't know what to put in it so i told the guy what do I do so i asked some questions to what should i put in there( i also bought a water bowl there too) and i said can i use any dirt/gravel, and he said yes. (basically any backyard dirt or the sand that he had) and then i told him what do they eat he told me that you can feed them granola, cheerios, cracker some cereals So I bought her and when i while i took her home i got some granola and put it in there and she happly ate it when I was getting everything ready for her (and by the way I'm sorry it was the poor man's way of putting her in there) then i did some research :read: on hermit crabs At www.hermit-crabs.com :eeeek: was i wrong on the the dirt.

Thankfully I have a very good mom and she bought be some decent sand and water for her (but it was store bought but it's waaay better than that dirt) then a few weeks later I got me another purple pincher in a store that wasn't at my hometown when he came out instantly seeing his antenna's it looked like he had a french mustache so i called him wee-wee (and he really had a french personalty :hahahaha:) i had fun with him on the way home sadly i he died two days after not knowing that hermit crabs are very sensitive to metal (don't ever have anything metal in your tank learned my lesson)
    he when out of his shell waited thinking he'll go back in his shell when i look at him again he died (no movement).

Hermet being in dirt and store bought sand was no more when Christmas came i got the critter cage and eco-earth, heating pad and thermometer then a few days later i got the hydrometer to know the humidty, and a couple of hermit crabs (at the new pet store Petsmart in st.george, UT) one that was greylike shell and one that was in a very small shell. i had a couple of shells too(he was very active and kept pinching the staff members :hahahaha:) while i was going home we named them my active crab was so active that my mom wanted to see him and he pinched her while she was driving :eek:mg: luckily she didn't swerve or anything and i took the holder away i warned her i sooo did so she thought it was hilarious :hilarious: that crab pinched her so she wanted to name him The Claw (i made him be the villain the creates lairs just like the one in "Inspector Gadget") named the other one grayman cause he looked like he had a grayish
    look to him had gray man for a week and then he died because of too mush stress.

but the claw stayed alive during the week i had greyman i clean the shells that i got real good put it in there and the claw instantly found a shell that he can go with and he transferred to that shell and i think he was happy and by the way ever since i got the claw he never pinched me at all, but i was very cautious maybe soon he'll get his chance and pinch me.

Sorry for the long story I will tell the other crabs stories later. Right now i think this emote --> :slapfight: is soooooo hilarious :hilarious: :hahahaha: :biglaugh:

2. Aguardian4mypets

Aguardian4mypets (Micro Crab)

Hi and :welcome: to the forum. I have 5 pp :straw:. I've had Shannon a month today. A few days after her purchase I bought Kenzie. A few days after that I bought She-ra and Wondra (used to be Wonder Crab). A couple weeks went by and I saw Rugby in the pet store. I'm addicted, so I bought him/her too. :woohoo: You will read a lot of good info in the forums. It's been a great help to me. Since you have had Hermet has he molted?

3. Dragoncrab9

Dragoncrab9 Hi, I'm New Here!

:thanks: no, but i'm trying too.

4. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Welcome! It's great to have you. There are allot of us that have been on the forum for years so if you need any advice or have an emergency post it and we will respond as soon as possible.
    I'm sure you will be wanting a bigger tank soon. Dont forget the declorinated water and declorinated salt water.
    would you post some of the food you are giving them?

5. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:vinkko: Welcome---great story. As Trixie said, ask away...there are no dumb questions and we all started out beginners too.
    Also take a look at the posts on here from other members...lot's of great info and suggestions and solutions to problems that may come up. :flower:

6. sirenequidanse

sirenequidanse (Micro Crab)

:welcome: glad to have you here, I have 3 pp's and working on getting 2 E's so I can have some action in my tank. :rubhands:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.