1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maybe molting

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by ziptied, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptied

ziptied Hi, I'm New Here!

I think one of my crabs may be molting. He needs it, he had rounded off leg tips and what-not.

But my question is how long he should be under? What is the average molt time for a crab his size? He has been under for 7 days, I don't know if he is dead or not. I recently added salt water because I remembered to buy distilled water finally. The salt that I have is API aquarium salt, when I put it in they seemed to love it. I looked it up and i didn't find anything bad about it. After I put it in he filled up on it and food and went under.

I almost forgot his size is if I had to explain it would be the size of 2 quarters, like if you melted down 2 quarters and then smashed it out to the thickness of 1 quarter, but the area of 2, that is how big I would say he is, shell included.

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

He'll most likely be under at least a month, possibly up to 2. It depends on how his metabolism is and how long he takes to harden.

3. ziptied

ziptied Hi, I'm New Here!

Okay Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.