1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mass molt?

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by choppylikespringles3, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. choppylikespringles3

choppylikespringles3 "Never Molted"

do crabs mass molt? like all of them go down and molt at once? all 5 of my crabs are down flash, choppy, and fluffy i am sure have molted, scooter who is larger has not come back up and rockey has been down since i bought her like 6 months ago. and how am i supposed to actually clean my tank if all of the crabs are burried?

2. Mallie

Mallie "Preparing For First Molt"

It's not uncommon for crabs to molt simotaniously. Larger crabs will take longer to molt.

How large is Rockey? 6 months seems to be pushing that line that says "Okay, I think its time to check on her" At least to me (probably becuase the longest one of my crabs was down was for like a month.

Was she in a bad home before you purchased her? Was she missing limbs?

Are there funny smells coming from your substrate? If you know where she is buried then you can clean around her. But if you don't then I'd suggest taking your time with it. Go very easy and just change maybe a little at a time.

I'd wait on changing your substrate until they all pop back up, however I am kind of worried about your rockey.

3. choppylikespringles3

choppylikespringles3 "Never Molted"

no actualy after i posted this i found ou that all of them are ok rockey just changed into scooters old shell because i found him in a tiny green turbo put him in a bucket and had him change to a new one
    now fluffy is the olny one in a painted shell but my point is they are all ok and every one has molted!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.