1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marco?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by flamelet, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamelet

flamelet (Micro Crab)

I never have liked introducing myself. It reminds me of those days in school when you would have to stand up and say something about yourself. They did that to me college and grad school, too. So that's one thing I don't do to my students.

Yes, I'm a teacher... :eek: been teaching for 5 years at the youthful age of (insert whatever age you like). :D My crabby patties (as my neice refers to them) are classroom pets that I adopted. We have a total of 8: 5 are mine and 3 belong to a student; those just live here during the school year.

My five were named by my students, and I'm working on getting picts up to show them off: Wambo, Giant, Broccoli, Rambo, and Bubbles. One of my students crabs (Lucy- just found out he's a boy too lol!) and Wambo are in my "crabs" album. Feel free to peek at them. They are quite funny. :D

namaste,
    ~flamelet~

2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Welcome. Your crabs are really cool. Those are nice names. What grade do you teach?

3. flamelet

flamelet (Micro Crab)

I've taught grades 6, 7, and 8 and 10 and 12 during my student teaching. Next school year, I expect I will be teaching 9th or 10th grade- probably 9th. It's kinda hard to be 100% sure where things will land next year as things are very unpredictable in my school district (aren't things that way in every district/field of work, though?). :eek:

4. cococrisp

I'm in elementary school. I wish my teacher had hermit crabs:). I almost convinced her though.:eek:

5. spane116

spane116 (Micro Crab)

Welcome! I think it is awesome you have crabs in your class! I like your pic of Lucy on the notebook. As for the girl name, I doubt he will ever tell! LOL
    Best of luck!

6. cococrisp

If elementary school is 1-5 grade then I'm not in that. I don't really know the different grade levels. It's sort of confusing because my school is different and has like lower school then intermediate then middle... I don't really get it.

7. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I love the pictures! Lucy and Wamboo are so adorable. I want to be a teacher when I grow up, and if the superintendent lets me, my hermit crabs will be my class pets too. I love that idea! When I was little, I had a hermit crab named Princess, but i never checked if she was really a girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.