1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAD's Game Show (NO Active contestant, ask for a question!!!)

Discussion in 'Game House' started by MAD, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Alright Guys, I had someone unknowingly quote a "ghostbusters" line to me today:
    "JR, you act nothing like an accountant, you act like a bad game-show host..."

Anyway, after telling her dumb :shhhh: that her investment in Jenny Craig failed horribly, I was inspired.

This is a game show That will be a mix of Jeopardy, QI, And Lets Make a Deal (For starters we are gonna put TARA in the Presidential chicken mascot costume)

DO NOT phrase all of your answers in the form of a question, Alex always aggrivated me with that =P:

Right answers give you absolutely NO points (Unless you explain them in a very interesting way) And Obviously wrong answers that seem right but are not will impose a penalty. BS answers will give you points if they are explained in an interesting way (IE embellish upon the subject, come up with every obscure detail or even make things up. You dont have to be right, you just have to be INTERESTING.) Deviation from the subject is also allowable when attempting to be interesting

The only rule is, once someone has said "give me this category at this difficulty level" no one can reply until i have given that person his or her question, and they have answered it. Everyone is allowed to heckle the person for his or her answer.

As far as prizes go, I may set something up with vick where I buy hermit crab stuff and she sends it to yall (Vick, get back to me on this)

Here are the categories: (Each Question has its own difficulty involved.)

12th Century Nonsense, Really Easy, Easy, Medium, Kinda Hard, Really Difficult, Really Aggrivating, GEEZE MAD?!?!

Hermit Crab Lore, Really Easy, Easy, Medium, Kinda Hard, Really Difficult, Really Aggrivating, GEEZE MAD?!?!

Accounting History, Really Easy, Easy, Medium, Kinda Hard, Really Difficult, Really Aggrivating, GEEZE MAD?!?!

Astronomy, Really Easy, Easy, Medium, Kinda Hard, Really Difficult, Really Aggrivating, GEEZE MAD?!?!

80's Trivia, Really Easy, ****, Medium, Kinda Hard, Really Difficult, *****, *****

Dungeons and Dragons Monster Trivia, Really Easy, Easy, *****, Kinda Hard, Really Difficult, Really Aggrivating, GEEZE MAD?!?!

Martial Arts Trivia. Really Easy, Easy, Medium, Kinda Hard, Really Difficult, Really Aggrivating, GEEZE MAD?!?!

Food From Abroad, Really Easy, Easy, Medium, Kinda Hard, Really Difficult, Really Aggrivating, GEEZE MAD?!?!

Alright, what you do is ask me, as an example, "Alright MAD, I'll take Hermit-Crab-Lore for Really Difficult"
    Then I post a question,
    Then you give me a "REALLY interesting answer", right or wrong it dosent matter, then I award you points

And remember folks, all of the questions are loaded, have fun =)

2. clonehappy

clonehappy "First Molt, A Success"

Re: MAD's Game Show

Ok Mr. Mad, I'll take 80's Trivia for Easy cause I'm blonde AND of swedish descent ... so I SHOULD pick really easy, but I'm just gonna have fun with this :D

And btw ... Ghostbusters ftw!

3. MAD

80's Trivia for easy, alright...

"In the beginning of the Movie, "Back to the Future" What did the Dr Emmet Brown from 1985 say the power amount generated by the Fusion Unit were for the Time Circuits and Flux Capacitor?"

C'mon clone-happy, since you had the fortitude to step up and be first, I will advise you to be wary of a VERY OBVIOUS trap I laid for you in the question... Good Luck

4. clonehappy

Ok thanks for the psych out ... now I'm gonna nuke it as my husband tells me I do to EVERY question. Its a trick question more than likely but screw it I'll take sachet #1.21 Gigawatts Mr Mad.

5. MAD

(Imagine a whole bunch of angry and embarrasing buzzers, klaxons, and alarms going off with all manner of spinning lights)
    :eek:mg: :eeeek: :eek:mg: :eeeek: :eek:mg: :eeeek: :whaaaat: :whaaaat: :whaaaat: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:

Yes, you are herby penalized 2 points for the obvious wrong answer, 2 Points for saying the technically correct but utterly booring "Giga" instead of the intersting "Jigga" prefix, and 2 MORE points after me telling you it was a PAINFULLY OBVIOUS trap!!!

grrr, the trap was that The Mr Fusion Reactor hadn't been implemented in the time machine at the beginning of the movie. It was still using a regular old Fission reactor that ate plutonium 239.

Now what you could have done was give me a whole lot of nonsense, or a made up story of something really off the wall but somewhat interesting, like "MAD, I think he fed that crazy thing banana :banana: :banana: :banana: peels, beer in a can, and several other very savory pieces of trash, and then it shot them back into time sp they could go save Martin's completely useless kids. Where Lia Thompson was old and wrinkled, Biff was still a butthead, the lybians chased them around a bit before they took out a fox photo booth, and oh yeah, then there was that 1.21 Jigga Watts thing...."

Meh, good try though.... Since you were the first one up, and I tricked ya, you can have a freebie, you score is reset. Now that I look at it that wasnt really an easy question and quite loaded, but thats the point of the game. ALL of the questions will be loaded and you have to catch me :hahahaha: :hahahaha: :hahahaha:

Oh yeah, this poor smiley has been neglected, so he will be used a lot in this gameshow: :lies1: :lies1: :lies1:

6. clonehappy

ARGH!! NO I was pwned :(

FINE!! 80s Trivia for EASY again ya dork. AAAAND I did Giga cause my hubby works for a power plant it's just necessary. My Crabbies just say phooey on you btw :p and you're right I didn't even notice the Mr Fusion thing and I watch that most awesome movie trilogy all the time. Go fig :) I LOVE TRIVIA GAMES!

7. MAD

Ok, 80 triv for easy

" Peter Gabriel performed this hit song/ (Was #1 on the US mainstream rock Charts) music video that involved partial still frame effects,Face Paint, and lighting fixtures that moved by themselves, as well as several instances of "hammering" with fists"

Once again this is a loaded question, and BE CAREFUL. If you are not sure then make up something interesting...

As a hint, I think Pete has 3 music vids that were #1 for US mainstream rock for the 1980's

8. clonehappy

Mad ... why do you have to shock those monkeys!! You sick person you

9. MAD

:hahahaha: :hahahaha: :hahahaha:<----(This is the audience laughing at us, imagine the presidential chicken mascot running around tossing rose petals up in the air)

Okay good, you got that one right, you get 1 point for the correct answer, however your delivery sounded almost threatening, like you were gonna come after me. I would have awarded you 5 points but I am a little intimidated now

(And I wasnt shocking anyone, thats Pete's idea of a good video)

10. clonehappy

lol that song annoys me to death :p I've heard it way too much on the retro active station on cable :hermez:

Aww I wasn't being threatening. Was just sayin its a shame you shock monkeys is all :)
    I'll be asking 80s triv again tomorrow ... er today when I wake up muahaha!

11. clonehappy

I vood like, 80s trivia on GEEZE MAD!?!? difficulty please. You can do eet!

12. wadester

wadester "First Molt In Progress"

Ok Mad, I will take a stab at this. I used to play Dungeons and Dragons about 25 years ago. All I remember is i had a very nice dice collection. Lets see if your questions can bring back some 25 year old memories. I will take D&D Monster Trivia for medium to start.

13. MAD

Ack, this gives me two active questions at once, but thats OK....

DD for Medium for Wadster
    " Describe for us the courtship ritual of a 1st edition Kobold "
    (Hint, you wont find this in the rulebooks)

80's Trivia for GEEZE MAD?!?!?!?! for CH
    Alright, in the second installment for "Back To The Future", What was the total cost to hover-convert all of the pre hover vehicles in the movie?" (Hint, to start, find out how much the conversion for one vehicle costs)

14. clonehappy

Re: MAD's Game Show (Active contestants: Wadster and Clonehappy, please wait)

Well it's $39,999.95 per conversion and to be perfectly honest I can't add up how much every non hovering car in 1985 in the movie in general ugh I dont want to add that all up so I'm gonna be lazy and just say hey if you count the delorean he converted and the train in the last one plus it's 2nd car it would be for those 3 = $119,999.85. Or he went further in the future and got em on sale and at that point I'm totally lost :)

15. MAD

Re: MAD's Game Show (Active contestants: Wadster and Clonehappy, please wait)

Heheheh, well, you get 3 points for a somewhat interesting answer, BUT, I said ALL HOVER VEHICLES

basically you would have had to watch the movie and then count them all, then figure out which ones were converted, then multiplied it by that number, hence the GEEZE MAD difficulty of the question. Its normally worth 10 points. For the extra 7 points, explain to me what the Heck DR. House is doing in your ava

16. clonehappy

Re: MAD's Game Show (Active contestant: Wadster, please wait)

Dr. House made me crack up on another forum I was reading while having a cocktail one night and I couldn't resist. I kidnapped him and put him as my avatar. I still laugh when I look at it. Then again I'm easily amused :D

17. wadester

wadester "First Molt In Progress"

OK,well if my memory serves me kobolds are tiny half human half reptile type creatures that served dragons. As far as courtship rituals go, I would say a courtship ritual would have something to do with journey to seek permision to breed from the dragon in which they serve.This journey can take several months to a year.

18. MAD

I think he is hilarious. My favorite episode was where he suddenly appeared on a flatscreen in another operating room where someone else was undergoing surgery. House was goofing off like "Help me! I am trapped in this TV!!" and the other doctor said "Not now House, I am busy...."
    :hahahaha: :hahahaha: :hahahaha: <-----(Our audience likes that show too)

Huh, to be honest I didnt know that, I figured Kobolds were all so disorganized, chaotic, and primitive, that they would try to impress the females with barbarac fighting matches, and ludicrous contests that include but not limited to contests of precision urination, flatulance duration, and belching of certain words.
    :hahahaha: :hahahaha: :hahahaha:<-----(This is the audience laughing at us)

Your Kobolds are far more refined than mine.

But you kept it was interesting nonetheless. You get the full 5 points, and a large stuffed plushie d20 falls out of the ceiling onto your head

:hahahaha: :hahahaha: :hahahaha: <----- (Once again, our audience has a good sense of humor)

19. clonehappy

Re: MAD's Game Show (No Active contestant, ask away!!!)

I love the 80s so gimme another one of those foooorrr - Lets just take Really Aggravating this time. *on the House note ... did you watch the season finale last night? It was grrreat! - I love Scrubs too and I cried like a baby last Wednesday when it went bye bye :(*

20. MAD

Re: MAD's Game Show (No Active contestant, ask away!!!)

I wasnt able too, I was studying for my Accounting final (Which I am still worried about)

OK, 80s Triv for Really Aggrivating...

(Technically this is late 70's, but the era is close enough)

What is the significance of the number 42 according to the Hitchhikers
    guide to the galaxy? and most importantly WHY?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.