1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost another one

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by Mom, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mom

Mom (Micro Crab)

not only did we lose Egghead but then dale jr went down for a molt came up still soft and then died about 2 days later

2. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

I had a few do that a couple of months ago. I wish I knew why.
    Sorry for your loss.

3. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Unfortunately, this is the chance we take as crabbers. None of us yet understand why a crab can be running around the tank one day and be dead the next.

Last September I got 13 Es and 2 PPs that were all from teeny to small smalls. I got them from the Crabbage Patch, so I know they had recently moulted. And they all were doing great.

Then, after about 4 months they began dropping like flies. So PPS was not the problem. We just lost another one today that we've had for seven months and was one of the most active of all of them.

It's coming to a point that crabbers are less and less passing deaths off on PPS and trying to find while supposedly healthy crabs just die for no reason, as far as we know.

So, all that said, I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a crab always hurts.

4. kittyosu

kittyosu "Never Molted"

Sorry for your loss, each crab is so precious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.