1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to Adopt in the Slidell LA, Pearl River County, MS area...

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by RoxyLupin, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoxyLupin

RoxyLupin (Micro Crab)

I'll Go as west as Slidell, LA, North as Hattisburg, MS and east as Gulfport MS... MAY come to Mobile AL...

What Species do I want?

Any Species up for adoption... Even if it's a couple of PPs parents bought for their kids on a whim and don't want anymore...

I can take maybe three more...

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Oh, too bad. . . I live in Maine and have a hermie up for adoption. . . His name is Elmo and I don't know what HE is. . .

3. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Why is Elmo for adoption? Both of you should post on craigslist. There are lots of people willing to give homes and need homes.

4. Hermies4Ever

Oh, Elmo's up for adoption because I just can't care for him anymore. . . It's enough work taking care of 3 hermies, let alone 4. . . But I will make sure he finds a good and loving new family to care for him!!! I'll post it on craigslist, thanks!!!

5. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Yeah, why are you adopting out Elmo?

6. Hermies4Ever

Because I just can't take care of all my hermies. . . But I'll be sure to find him a loving home. . .

7. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I'm still afraid I don't understand. If your hermies are all in a tank, they eat the same food and drink out of the same water bowls, how can you not take care of one of them? Adding one hermie to an already existing tank doesn't really add much to the care needs. You'll need to offer more food, but depending on its size, you may not even need to do that. A tiny crab won't eat a noticeable amount of food beyond what's already being eaten, although if you add a jumbo and all you have are tiny crabs, that will change the amount.

What exactly is the problem that makes you not able to care for him?

8. Crabby_Crazy

Crabby_Crazy "First Molt, A Success"

The magical world of ponies! (ok, not really. my h
    Whats wrong with Elmo???
    One hermie really dosent add to work if you have only 3 others......when i origanily had 2, and added 2 more, i had almost no extra work!! just more hermies to love.....and of coure, i had to add mabey a few pinches more of food....whats wrong with poor elmo?!?!

9. Hermies4Ever

Nothing's wrong with Elmo. . . But thank you all for the advice, I suppose I will keep Elmo. . . I'm going to the pet store today to get some coconut treats, and some freeze-dried shrimp. . . Possibly some more shells. . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.