1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to Adopt in NC

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by Tinkerbell, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frogs_n_Flowers

Frogs_n_Flowers "Preparing For First Molt"

I think we were looking at the same ones, I called at set a day to pick them up (Sunday) and Sunday morning I got a message saying they changed there mind. they lived in Mint Hill.
    Some people are triflin! And no you can't trust everybody on there. The one I posted about is in Charlotte and they have posted again this morning, so I guess I'm going to go get them, since they need some help getting rid of all those painted shells. I just feel bad for them, I guess I'm just a regular hermie rescue. (Not addicted:rolleyes: dumdedumdedum)
    If it would make you feel better I could pick some up for you and then maybe we can meet somewhere for you to get them. As it is I will be driving almost an hour to pick these up. See I have this problem with fear, I have none, me and my 22 do just fine!:D I was raised most of my life in Charlotte and you had to be able to take care of yourself, and you really get tired of being pushed around.
    Anywhoo it might be awhile before I can make any quick arrangements as I just bought a house and have tons of work to do. However in the meantime I will keep you all posted as to what I see and find!

2. Frogs_n_Flowers

I went and picked up the lil babies today, they weren't in painted shells so that was good however the had tons that they sent with me, that they were putting in with them.
    I also went and picked up my "jumbos" today, only they are not so jumbo, they are big but I wouldn't say jumbo. I will post pics tomorrow as I am so tired from packing. Good night all.

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

That is great I cant wait to see the darlings!!

4. Flamingo Lover

Flamingo Lover Hi, I'm New Here!

I think these are the 2 that I ended up getting off of craigslist Frogs_n Flowers....one was in a yellow painted shell with a smiley face? Luckily She (found out it was a female) moved out of that one and has moved into a regular shell so the painted one is outta there!!!!:p

5. Frogs_n_Flowers

Yes one was in a yellow shell, I think those are the ones. Well why didn't she just say that someone else was getting them instead of saying she was keeping them, anywhoo it doesn't matter as long as someone with some knowledge picked them up. I just couldn't stand seeing that cage and that yellow shell. Glad she is in a better shell.

Ok I said I was going to post pics of the ones I picked up yesterday and here they are.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2 tiny ones and 2 big ones:D

6. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

wow that one is in a snail shell, that is odd- they all look good- very lucky!!

7. Frogs_n_Flowers

Yea I think the shells are a lil small for them because when I put some shells in their iso they immediately started shopping. Now one is down and I have a question about it so I'm heading over to general care to ask, and don't laugh at my question!:p

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  8. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell "Never Molted"

Well I went ahead and adopted 3 new babies from Petsmart. Boy are they active little crabs! Sooo different than Wayne and Garth ever were.

So in addition to shy Garth we now have 2 girls and a boy. They've been selectively named Shelley (biggest girl - beautiful red color), Trinity and Neo.

9. Frogs_n_Flowers

Congrats on the new babies. I love active ones they are so fun to watch. Good luck with them oh and show us some pics when you can!

10. Frogs_n_Flowers

Just wanted to let you all know there is an available baby up for adoption free of charge in the highland creek area if any are close. It is listed on Craigslist. I have replied to the message just in case someone here may want it and if not I will pick him up.
    If they reply back and one of you want him, I will forward your info to them and them to you. Just let me know and I will let you know if I have heard anything. You will have to make your own arrangements for pick up as I am very busy right now. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.